FISH KEEP DYING

• SRC Member

hey guys I bought some fishes from iwarna and ah beng. Put the fishes in and after a few days (4-5) all of my fishes died.

What is now living in my tank?

- 2 mandarins

-(unknown angelfish) 4-5

-2 snails

-2 starfish

- dollar goby?

What I have inside my tank:

- emperor angelfish

-regal angelfish

-tomato clownfish

-clownfish

-brown tang x 2

-banner

-Morris idol

-

Corals:

2 anemone.

Zous

Dimension of tank?

4(L) x 2(B) x2 (H)

My opinion: I think they died because of high PH? Or low? I have NEVER tested out the PH. Because I don't have the kit. I'll get one tmrw. Water stanility is ok. *i have put some bacteria thing*

Thanks for reading guys! Hope you can help me out!

• SRC Member

Bro, post some pic of ur tank n sump n setup..

For Ph problem, u will see the fish eyes become cloudy n swollen..prolong will kill them of Coz..

if tank is exposed to light most of the time, Ph shd b no problem..

So now ur tank fishless?

@ 291213

Updated video: Kenyee FOWLR

http://m.youtube.com/my_videos

• SRC Member

Bro, post some pic of ur tank n sump n setup..

For Ph problem, u will see the fish eyes become cloudy n swollen..prolong will kill them of Coz..

if tank is exposed to light most of the time, Ph shd b no problem..

So now ur tank fishless?

http://fishermen123.tumblr.com/post/76953232865 pic of my tank.

View here⬆️

My tank is already 1month old. I cycle for 2weeks then I add livestock. I bought the fishes slowly.
Bro... Not sure whether your tank is ready after only 2 weeks of cycling. Normally tank require about a month to cycle and stabilize although some Bros here claim that their tank can be cycled in less than a month... I suggest you read up on tank cycling in this forum... Many seniors have shared their experiences there... I think most Bros will tell you to be that patience is the key... Happy Reefing...!

• SRC Member

For a 1-month old tank, I have a feeling that you are stocking fishes too fast - especially anemones needs a mature tank of no less than 6 months...marine reefing is not a hobby that can be rushed.

Probably suggest you stop stocking for now and test your parameters.

Regards,
Jeff

Aquarium: 48" x 18" x 24" tank with 24" x 15" x 15" sump (approx. 150 gallons)
Equipment: Maxspect Razor 320W, Vortech MP40, Vertex Omega 180i, Eheim 1262 return pump, Hailea HS 66A, Bacteria King
Fish and coral food: Henry's Reefgourmet pellets, Preis coral energizer, Kent Marine PhytoPlex, Brightwell Reef Snow, Two-Little Fishies Marine Snow
Dosage: Triton Elements

IMG_0562small.jpg

• SRC Member

Cycle 2 weeks is possible if you dose bacteria to speed up the cycling process and provided you have enough biological media such as bacteria king and lots of live rocks for the bacteria to colonize. Even if you dose bacteria to shorten cycling period to 2 or 3 weeks, you should only start with 1 fish and slowly add 1 per 2 weeks.. but you added more than 10 fishes within 2 weeks :blush:

From your sump setup, can't see clearly what's under the filter wool.. probably not using any carbon dosing method such as Bio-spheres, Nitra guard or bio-pellets? So next question is how do you deal with nutrients export? By frequent water change?

Are you using a Weipro skimmer? It looks under-sized for your 4x2x2 tank.

My guess is your biological filter is not matured and ammonia spike is killing your fishes.

Plus you added 2 anemones to an unmatured tank.. if the anemones die and you did not remove fast enough.. you entire tank will be wiped out

• SRC Member

Got Stray voltage thru the tank?

2weeks abit to fast to stock

Yeah Bro Martion Stated Better to test PH..

300Gallons of Pure Goodness! >Dimensions 6x2x2 (Foot)

1: Maxspect 160 Watt qty-2

2: Vortech MP 40 Wes

3:Jaebao WP40 qty-2

3: Skimz Becket Skimmer/ Ehiem 1260

4: Dymax XC 900 Calcium Reactor

5: American Pinpoint PH Controller

6: Iwaki MD 55 And MD 70 (Return)

7: Hydra Aquatics FR45 Reactor

8:Hailea 10HP Chiller

R2R forum->>>http://www.reef2reef.com/forums/photography-forum/154896-ashwins-reefing-photography.html