Koh Samui photos

terryansimon

I just got back from Koh Samui about two weeks back. thoroughly enjoyed myself there. mmm. nice nice place. I wanna go back there again. pardon the crap photo taking. I suck at photography now. hur.

anyways. went together with a friend. went to SA UIC to get ripped off a bit for airfare/accomodation and breakfast/airport transfer included. cost a grand total of $610 plus travel insurance for 4d/3n. not bad if you ask me.

I didn't feel comfortable taking this photo initially. never liked the idea of taking photos within temples/religious grounds. however, this shot is of a monk who has died but body has yet to decompose. appeared on National Geographic in The Mummy Detectives. our personnal tour guide for 1200 baht *very friendly guy. helped us throughout the whole duration* said that through photographs, Buddhism can be spread throughout the world and beyond. or so he said. coz his english wasn't that. urh. good. no joke.

post-11-1077185199.jpg

the thai version of the "sacred cow", elephants form an intergral part of the tourist industry. I felt rather guilty sitting on an elephant to explore the jungle. but at least these elephants are treated better by the mahuts rather than those elephants on the mainland where they are supposedly abused very badly. some cities even have elephants roaming down the streets.

post-11-1077185447.jpg

the elephant trek took a while. half an hour at least. it was a short route, but the mahut kept stopping the elephant to talk to us. not that we mind. its been a while since I was in the stuck in the flora and fauna of a foreign country, the last being Taman Negara.

after the half hour elephant trek, we had to walk another twenty minutes up some rather uneven terrain before we witnessed what has got to be the most beautiful water fall we've seen within south east asia. then again, this is koh samui. and I'm in love with the island.

post-11-1077185590.jpg