Anyone build tank using reinforced slabs?

• SRC Member

To build this type of tank, I think must b damn huge then do so..must b staying in landed as the tank must b on the floor..normal flat can't take that kind of weight..filtration system will b a challenge too..it will b like RWS sea aquarium like that..I dun think anyone will do this type of tank for a length 10ft tank with height not more than 4ft..cheers

@ 291213

Updated video: Kenyee FOWLR

http://m.youtube.com/my_videos

• SRC Member

Over flow can easily be incorporated into the reinforced base slab. But the hole must be precast. It will just be like a normal tank. Only the cabinet below is solid reinforces concrete.

• SRC Member

Over flow can easily be incorporated into the reinforced base slab. But the hole must be precast. It will just be like a normal tank. Only the cabinet below is solid reinforces concrete.

If it will just be like.a normal tank, why use reinforced concrete?..cheaper?..nicer?..if not for the size, I would go for glass or acrylic tank..much nicer to my eyes..once again, I would like to stress that it's my view n beauty lie in the eyes of the beholder..do note that using reinforced concrete will need waterproofing too..cheers

@ 291213

Updated video: Kenyee FOWLR

http://m.youtube.com/my_videos

• SRC Member

In the olden day we use that kind tank for fresh water fish, it did not last long about 2 to 3 year and start to leak from the glass side edge.

• SRC Member

Ahhh interesting was thinking what if cracks happened too. Yes Kenyee. Waterproofing will be done. So not really viable. Acrylic or glass better. Can see from all sides too lol