HELP! Silicon In New Tank Comes Off

surgeonfish

Hi All

I have been reefing for more than 15 years and have several tanks before both customs and off the shelf. Recently customed my latest addition and delivered on Chinese New Year Eve. Other than the weekly cleaning using nano algae cleaner I hardly maintained as I was busy. This morning I found the silicon frays off in the tank. Just inspecting the dry portion also notice about 1mm is not glued to glass. Never seen before in my previous tanks.

Why like that?

Please share your experience. Thanks

Sebastian

post-1966-0-52495700-1396180010_thumb.jp

post-1966-0-70433100-1396180035_thumb.jp

I got my new tank with these kind of marks .. Initially thought its silicone problem .. But only those silicon that's below water line are affected.. Concluded that they we're bite makes .. From angel or some other fish ..

Repaired the silicone on mine by just putting another layer of silicone over ..

post-1415-0-12917200-1396240158_thumb.jp

Stairway to Heaven

Bought the tank bout a month ago.. The original black silicon integrity was not compromised .. So I just figured another layer of silicone would just help .. Should have used black silicone too but can't find any .. So just used the normal ones ... Tank is bout 4weeks old now

Stairway to Heaven

• SRC Member

Bought the tank bout a month ago.. The original black silicon integrity was not compromised .. So I just figured another layer of silicone would just help .. Should have used black silicone too but can't find any .. So just used the normal ones ... Tank is bout 4weeks old now

bro you should ask your tank maker to come down have a look..or go any shop who sell construction stuff ..they should have waterproof silicone ( quite easy to find )

cheers

Tank should have at least a year and some 5 years so better to call the tank maker over to check.

Btw, same thought as bro YT, it looks like it was scrapped off by scraper as encountered before in my previous 3ft tank.

post-1182-049500100201281969137_thumb.gi

Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do. - Goethe