My first decently sized marine 3x1.5x1.8

Hairul Hakim

• SRC Member

Opinions....

Should I add a reactor and bio pellets now or should I run it after cycling is complete?

Running chaeto as well, but very small compartment as my sump is now broken down to only 2 parts since the huge skimmer can't fit the original partition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• SRC Member

And yes, I'm planning to keep mostly Lps with some small fishes.

Fish in mind are

Yellow tang/purple tang

Royal gramma/blackcap basslet

Yasha goby/pistol shrimp

Flame angel/coral beauty

Helfrichi/purple goby

Maybe 2 anthias, unsure which.

Cleaner shrimp/blood red cleaner

Peppermint/brittle star/2hermits

3 cerith/3 turbo

• SRC Member
Cycle completed. 0 ammonia 0 nitrite 5 nitrate Is this common just after 1 week? Seems a little bit too fast. Should I restart the cycle with another prawn? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No need. And yes its common since u dose mb7 10ml daily lol. Mine took 8days without any bacteria dosing but with liverock. Start stocking slowly ! Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

| Display : 48x30x22 Skimmer : SK-201 skimz

| Sump : 30x24x18 Wavemaker : 2x RW-15 , 1x RW-8

| Cooling : 1HP titanium drop in coil ATO : JBJ

| Lighting : ATI Sunpower 8x54w + 48x cree xte royal blue Return : Jebao dc-6000

| Dosing : Jebao dosing pump [ CaCl2 + NaHCO3 ] Pump :

| Reactor : FSZ Z160 zeolite reactor & phosban 150

| System : ZEOVIT

decomm-ed :

Ydkm SPS reef

:wub: >><< :wub:

• SRC Member

Posted Image

Everything is in order.

Skimmer broke in, rowa and bio pellet tumbling well.

However, one major issue.

Found out that my water has some sort of current in it when I stuck my hand in.

Tried turning on and off one by one equipment, but still can't identify which equipment.

Anyone can recommend another way how to find out?

Sighs

I had this problem too, and was quite serious, if i put my hand there, can get a good small shock. You basically have to switch off one item at a time to identify which equipment is leaking the current. I traced mine to be the return pump, simply replaced mine as it was a cheap pump anyways.

I Love Stagsss

• SRC Member

Get A Testpen

Off All Equip.

On one by one and see the pen light up not..

My 100% bet is your Pump wire..Sure broke or bent..Just inspect Your Reactor Pumps or skimmer..if not better test using testpen..Sometimes got fine cracked cant be seen from The naked Eye

Cheers!

300Gallons of Pure Goodness! >Dimensions 6x2x2 (Foot)

1: Maxspect 160 Watt qty-2

2: Vortech MP 40 Wes

3:Jaebao WP40 qty-2

3: Skimz Becket Skimmer/ Ehiem 1260

4: Dymax XC 900 Calcium Reactor

5: American Pinpoint PH Controller

6: Iwaki MD 55 And MD 70 (Return)

7: Hydra Aquatics FR45 Reactor

8:Hailea 10HP Chiller

R2R forum->>>http://www.reef2reef.com/forums/photography-forum/154896-ashwins-reefing-photography.html

• SRC Member

Hi guys, need some help.

Quite a few of my equipment are actually 'releasing volts' into the water. Checked with a test pen and on one by one. Basically the wp40, skimmer and return pump.

However, all these items are all under warranty.

I do read tho that all equipment actually do discharge volts into the water body for the tank, however, what is the acceptable level and what isn't?

Remove suspected equipment, plugged directly into some other wall socket and test it in a pail of low salinity water (waste less salt). Bring it quickly for replacement if tested positive. Otherwise, it's your multi-pin plugs. Can't be that unlucky.

Materialism :- He who dies with the most toys, wins.

• SRC Member

Bought a multimeter already. What's the approved voltage for standard equipment to be leaking btw?

Cause I read that all equipment usually have some kind of power surge cause of the magnetic field and strips especially from power heads and light sets.

Anyone knows what's the so called approved volts?

Read online that above 50 is considered not safe but that's based in us forums. Same with us?

• SRC Member

Sighs. This is getting annoying.

Tested all my equipment with the multimeter. Every single item is giving off about 0.3 volts.

When I turn on the whole tank, the water is sitting at 0.8 volts.

So what is leaking? Can't seem to figure it out.

I'm still getting the tingling sensation when I put my hand in the tank. I don't consider these normal as I never had a tank that had these effect before. Anyone who knows about electric cares to give their input?

You need to pull out the plug to isolate not just turn off the switch. The neutral is still connected when you switched off the switch, it will leak to any live or earth or your probe, it is a earth connection.

So need to pull out all the plugs. And one by one insert back to the sockets and turn on and check.

Remove suspected equipment, plugged directly into some other wall socket and test it in a pail of low salinity water (waste less salt). Bring it quickly for replacement if tested positive. Otherwise, it's your multi-pin plugs. Can't be that unlucky.

Repeating my advice.

If you don't bother to listen, don't bother to ask.

Materialism :- He who dies with the most toys, wins.

Repeating my advice.

If you don't bother to listen, don't bother to ask.

Look we did that. No need to be rude.

It is only in adventure that some people succeed in knowing themselves - in finding themselves.

• SRC Member

as I said, tried all the methods.

Every single equipment was giving off 0.3-0.4 volts into the water.

One equipment at a time and a new power point, even tried it with just plain water.

When everyting is up and full running in the tank, it's 0.8-0.9 volts in the water.

And I'm still feeling the tingle sensation when I place my hand In the tank.

Anyone else knows what could be the issue?

• SRC Member

You need to pull out the plug to isolate not just turn off the switch. The neutral is still connected when you switched off the switch, it will leak to any live or earth or your probe, it is a earth connection.

So need to pull out all the plugs. And one by one insert back to the sockets and turn on and check.

Yeah I did unplug all equipment prior to testing.