Brightwell Microbacter 7 and biofuel

Patrick

• SRC Member

Bro,

If got a lot of algae, the biofuel may be useless.

It is better to solve the algae first if the algae is dominant and out of control.

The problem is that the biofuel provide carbon source for bacteria to grow and bind nitrate/phosphate but with algae dominating, the bacteria will not have sufficient material to grow (overtaken by algae); bacteria is in the loser side. When algae is under control then biofuel will help to keep them at bay more effectively.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

• SRC Member

Bro solasido, thanks for your reply. This is what I find confusing. If there is a lot of algae dosing more microbacter and biofuel should help to increase the bacteria population and overcome the algae? From website it said reduce microbacter dosage but I checked with LFS they said increase dosage.

• SRC Member

I thought a lot of algae means you have high nutrient isn't it? Algae needs PO4 and NO3 to grow. If you limit one of them algae will die down.

So for me, I will put a GFO instead. Using bio pellet should help too but it takes time to mature.

• SRC Member

When Algae is dominant. It is going to be a challenge to make the bacteria win. Some more algae in display tank has the advantage of getting the nutrient before the bacteria.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk