Yellow bellied Regal Angelfish

• SRC Member

Just wanna ask experienced reefer here on how to sustain a regal angelfish... I mean supplementary on its diet as i've got one for 2 weeks, already start to eat pellets but i feel i need to feed him more than just pellets... Any suggestions?

• SRC Member

Bro, I also have a regal angel now for 3weeks , I feed him pellet ( all brand : TDO, new era soft pellet , NLS, seaweed some mysis shrimp.So I think you can try to feed some seaweed , different type of pellet and sometime some fresh mussels or clams..The fish will take some time to accept theses but once he accept it should be fine..you are already very that he eat pellet some even don't touch captive food and starve to death..hopefully I can keep him in captivity 3 weeks is still too early we will see in few month...

Wish you good luck :)

Cheers

• SRC Member

Thanx bro for ur inputs... I've always scared in keeping regal but i really love them... To date tis is my 3rd one as on the first 2, they eat everything from pellets to mysis but after abt 4 mths, went on hunger strike and then up the lorry after abt a week... Kinda strange on wat happen... But i'm still trying again though... Hehehe

• SRC Member

Tats where i tot i have been lacking something in their diet or something else... Maybe should give him variety of food... For now he's getting 5 types of pellets ( Omega One, NLS, Hikari and OCEAN Nutrition Formula 1 and 2) and sometimes mysis...

Have a grey belly regal angel in my reef tank for nearly 3yrs. Fed with Ocean Nutrition 1n 2. Regal is very sensitive to water condition so keep water perimeter stable. Having a eating regal is half battle won so keep up.

• Like 1

• SRC Member

Yup bro black tank... Water management is the most crucial factor in angels tank... Have been keeping up to tat... And probably add on an emperor angel when tis regal angel stabilises... Thanx bro...

IMO, Scribble angel is the least aggressive angel but they usuakky come in large size which may affect the smaller angel u decided to put in. always go for the smaller ones and slowly increase in size (size matter)

• SRC Member
IMO, Scribble angel is the least aggressive angel but they usuakky come in large size which may affect the smaller angel u decided to put in. always go for the smaller ones and slowly increase in size (size matter)
If you can : scribble , ear spot ,emperor queen and king ( depend also of the sizes of the fish ) Cheers

Scribble is easy to feed and normally come in large . So I think emperor first, as it is slightly difficult to get it to feed. Next is queen, more ex if bigger size, follow by scribble and king and earspot. King and earspot are tough guy, just like Koran and blue ring.

• SRC Member

Hahaha... Actually already have a powder blue tang and sohal tang plus the yellow bellied angel... The powder blue tang is the headache for me now, quite aggressive with newly added fish... He's ard 3inches, sohal at 4inches and the regal is 4.5 inches... Any suggestion bro?

• SRC Member

Anyway, fyi tis is a fowlr... Not interested in corals since i started reefing last 8 years with a year break in between to arowana and wild discus...

• SRC Member

Hahaha... Actually already have a powder blue tang and sohal tang plus the yellow bellied angel... The powder blue tang is the headache for me now, quite aggressive with newly added fish... He's ard 3inches, sohal at 4inches and the regal is 4.5 inches... Any suggestion bro?

@ 291213

Updated video: Kenyee FOWLR

http://m.youtube.com/my_videos

• SRC Member

Since yr Regal already 4.5 inches, yr next angel addition got to be at least 5 inches to reduce aggression. with such sizes, yr stock level will be limited, so need to plan what fishes u want.

Bro, stock level limited mean too many fishes? I was thinking 150G tank with 3 fishes now like very empty..a pbt 3", sohal 4" & regal 4.5"..Hmm

Planning of what fish to have is good..

my rip Regal 5" is more tame than my 2" flameback..so next angel addition need not b 5"..depend on what angel to add..

@ 291213

• SRC Member

Thanx guys... I just hope to add my angels in these order... Emperor, scribble, queen , chrysurus and king.. Trying to get at least ard 4 inches each...

Actually got a bit regret in putting in the powder blue... But just cannot tahan see his bluish color when he's healthy... Hehehehe... Catching him back to put in the sump tem

• SRC Member

Catching him back to put in the sump temporarily, i think is a hassle as i dont want to disturb my current rockscape... Too tired to do up everything again... I think old timer shld know y with a tank height of 2.5ft... Backbreaking liao....

• SRC Member

Ok bro..adding of angels in order can say a bit difficult as depend on shipment n have the angels of ur size n u like anot..size does play a part..normally big fish won't bother small fish (size ard x2 diff)..if ard the same size, Colour n shape oso play a part..having those character shy fish 1st will b better..acclimating new fish to ur water 1st is important..the rest is luck liao..haha..cheers n happy reefing

@ 291213