Been to Chek Jawa?

Wyseow

• SRC Member

I have been to Ubin few times oledi.....but not to Chek Jawa just by the jetty to catch some small fish for my lionfish during low tide..hehee did saw sea cucumber, sea urchin, sea fan, anemones, tube anemones and many more. Seeing is more believing.... :nuke: WARNING!! :nuke: Do not take them unless you are ready to lose your other precious stuff in your tank....not worth!! .... hahaha the point is we are responsible to protect all this creatures from vanishing.

Those interested to see..can follow me the next time I go for my small fish hunting. Take note it must depend on the tide. A good family outing for muddy bathing :eyebrow: ..hahaha :lol:

Please PM me for those interested to tag along and please leave your contact no and name. I will let you all know when it is the right time to go hunting. Do bring along your digital camera...hehee to take my photo in action ok.........kehkehkeh Normally I would prefer to go on Saturday between 3-5pm. Grab your chance hehehe

Cya all folks!! :bow::upsidedown::shock:

• SRC Member

I'm not a qualified tour guide just happen that I saw those stuff while hunting for my lionfish food :pirate: ....so if you guys feel like joining that will be better...the more the merrier...hahhaa...don't worry it's safe for children too unless they are those hyper-active then I suggest have them tied down to one of the mangrove tree there :evil: ...hahaa..just kidding :yeah: ...what I mean is watched them as the stone there could be slippery :eyebrow: .....btw for those who are unsure where this chek jawa is...it is at Ubin Island just 15 min boat ride from Changi jetty. Will guide those who are unsure of getting there....take this chance :whistle ...kehkehkeh :angel::bow:

• SRC Member

i can sail there...

but nothing much to see now...

unless you go when there is super low tide...

but then again its just the sea grasses and some carpet anemones...

an occasional sea cucumber and some stars...

:rolleyes:

• SRC Member

Did I see....sea sn*kes!? I would love a sea krait. :rolleyes:

I did see sea snakes before at Ubin. But luckily not at CJ area lah. It was at the broken jetty at the northern beach.

CJ should only go at low tide, otherwise cannot sea much. The crowd that used to trample all over the place has since disappeared..

• SRC Member

Not to worry much abt the sea snakes k... they normally will shy away or attack when they are being provoke.I did have close encounter with sea snakes side by side while going for my diving at Changi beach and net casting..it got trapped into my net so I just let it crawl away...what AT says is true get a booties to be safe....as for me I'm used to the muddy area cos that is the way to get worms for fishing bait....hahaha :rolleyes:

Not to worry much abt the sea snakes k... they normally will shy away or attack when they are being provoke.I did have close encounter with sea snakes side by side while going for my diving at Changi beach and net casting..it got trapped into my net so I just let it crawl away...what AT says is true get a booties to be safe....as for me I'm used to the muddy area cos that is the way to get worms for fishing bait....hahaha :rolleyes:

I nearly stepped on a snake when I used to fish in a mangrove swamp before. I broke the world's high jump record that day. Too bad no official was there to record it. :lol:

I was in Chek Jawa last Thursday during super low tide at 3.30pm with a guided tour. Saw lots of carpet anemones, fan worms, a very large knobbing seastar about 12 inches in diameter, rock fishes, crabs and snails. Quite worth the trip to take a look see. Do check out this website for tides and if you need a guide to show you around Chek Jawa - www.wildsingapore.com