Can ID montis ?

• SRC Member

Posted Image

Bottom pc - red and green

Top pc - blue, green and red

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Moderators

Can't really see from the pic very clearly.

But based on your color listed. The bottom piece if red base and green polyps should be sunset monti.

Top piece might be a rainbow monti but the colors you gave do not match it 100%.

I might be wrong. Will leave it to the expert to comment further

Tom

• SRC Member

Agree with Thomas, the top one should be the Rainbow monti, base either brown or blue/white due to new grow. polyps should be green but orange or red for new grow polyps.

Bottom one, looks like brown base with green polyps, if so it is still a rainbow.

but if it is really red base with green, then it is.....

.... sell me a frag please, sunset.

:thumbsup:

:superman: :superman: :superman: :superman: :superman: :superman: :superman:

• SRC Member

Bros, the bottom piece is supposed to be rainbow and top piece superman leh

• Moderators

If you have identified as it is then is good.

"Top pc - blue, green and red"
The color given by you does not really match out. Superman are usually blue/purple based with red polyps. Not too sure i seen green on it before. but it can be growth which are green???

"Bottom pc - red and green"

This could be right is you never mentioned the based color then. as polyps are in a combination of red/orange and green.

But the base is generally blue/purple. Your photo seem to be showing red base.

Tom

• SRC Member

Thomas, I took the photo with white at 60+% and blue at 80+% with violet, red and green at 50+%

Btw, the rainbow monti of yours appears to have different colors

• Moderators

Thomas, I took the photo with white at 60+% and blue at 80+% with violet, red and green at 50+%

Btw, the rainbow monti of yours appears to have different colors

Actually, this is quite common in SPS. Same species can have different color variation due to the water parameters, type of lighting, etc of each individual tank setup.

beauty is in the eye of the beholder. so that is no who has the nicest or not. :thumbsup:

Tom