Cuttlefish keeping

A. Quarium

That's exactly what smalljerm (another SRC member who kept cuttles before) did, shared it with others. I don't know whether Henry has reduced the prices for eggs, but when I get my cuttle pair, I'm gonna ask for the smallest ones they have, longer lifespan=more awesome cuttlefish shows+more eggs dun know how much, but smalljerm mentioned ten SGD per cluster of ten+ eggs.

Bro how u planning to feed the small cuttles?? U buying crabs or cultivating something else or wat? Dun mind share ur plans pls....my previous setup wasnt sustainable tts y i stopped....after saw this thread and ur enthusiasm, makes me wanna keep cuttles again.

Since Henry feeds his cuttles dead market shrimp, I'm probably going to out one on a skewer attatched to a fishing line and use it to jiggle the shrimp around

interesting thread... :thumbsup:

been out of marine for a few year keeping fresh water altum anglefish.. now thinking of restarting marine.. hence only look to keep special or exoctic specisment only.. and then I found this thread ... :yahoo:

hence may I ask.. if chiller really a MUST have?? cos my tank in the room temperature is usually around 27 to 28degree

Current Tank(s) :

2 x 1 x 1 mixed reef tank

What in my mind now (future tanks)

4 x 2.5 x 1.5 low profile coral tank

3 x 2.5 x 1.5 low profile reef tank

Decommissioned Tanks :

2 ft seahorse tank back in the 1990s'

2.5 ft cube mixed reef tank in 2007 to 2008

JBJ 28g Tank . Maxspect G1 110W + 12W DIY LED . Tunze 9002 Skimmer . Vortech MP10w ES . SPS only Tank . Picasso Clown Fish (2009 to 2011)

2 x 1 x 1 puffer-fishes, box-fishes & Frog-fish tank (2015)

Cuttlefish shouldn't be housed with anything that stings, really. No anemones either, since they have sensitive skin. S. Bandensis live in temps of 24-28 degrees Celsius, so I guess it's possible without chiller, but the higher the temperature, the higher it's metabolism, resulting in a faster growth rate.

• 1 month later...

I would like to ask, would a single cuttlefish do well in a Red Sea Max 130D? I would put a Tunze 9004 skimmer in the tank should I decide to buy it. Taufiq84 and any other cuttle or ex-cuttle keepers out there please answer.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks for answering bro taufiq. I will most likely purchase that then, cycle and mature for 4-5 months(might not need that long but I just want to be sure), add some beginner corals that can be kept with cuttlefish, and if the corals survive for, say, 5 months, then I will buy the cuttlefish. A bit long, but I want to be sure the cuttle can survive. If corals can, then cuttles should too.