Newbie set up

Just a very humble advice. Quarantine ur fishes well or get from reputable reefer. I had a wipe-out of my tank after adding some fish that I suspect has ich but never show signs. Tangs are very susceptible to ich. Beware of adding too many fishes at a time. And if u want to add tang last, quarantine real well to prevent wipe out.

Just a very humble advice. Quarantine ur fishes well or get from reputable reefer. I had a wipe-out of my tank after adding some fish that I suspect has ich but never show signs. Tangs are very susceptible to ich. Beware of adding too many fishes at a time. And if u want to add tang last, quarantine real well to prevent wipe out.

Alright thanks bro! Btw for a Quarentine tank, must have have a skimmer as well, or will a hob filter will do

I read different trains of thoughts. Some recommend to skim so as to keep the water quality closer to ur DT, easier for acclimatization. Some recommend just sponge air pump and nothing else. Both requires water change every 2 days from what I read. Reason being no beneficial bacteria ammonia/nitrate spike very fast.

Let's ask around and hear more then? :)

I read different trains of thoughts. Some recommend to skim so as to keep the water quality closer to ur DT, easier for acclimatization. Some recommend just sponge air pump and nothing else. Both requires water change every 2 days from what I read. Reason being no beneficial bacteria ammonia/nitrate spike very fast.

Let's ask around and hear more then? :)

Hmm, will it be good if I put in a liverock along with it so got bb. How big are most peoples QT, my house not a lot of space haha, don't think my parents would like it too..

Also do you have any idea for cautions with regards to butterflies bro? They are one of my favorite in my intended stocklist

Ranging 1 foot to 2 foot for quarantine. I tried live rocks but I decided not to. If you add medicine, it may disturb the bb and cause more para spike. I love copperband butterfly but very hard to get it feeding. Had one that feed on live clam but died due to parameter changes when my elegance died. :(

Ranging 1 foot to 2 foot for quarantine. I tried live rocks but I decided not to. If you add medicine, it may disturb the bb and cause more para spike. I love copperband butterfly but very hard to get it feeding. Had one that feed on live clam but died due to parameter changes when my elegance died. :(

Oh okay. That's sad.. I'm looking at heniochus or the banner fish and an Auriga. If the space allows a facula too

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all again, I need help with the salt mixes to use.. Which brand is the cheapest yet good? Only to set up FOWLR, no intentions of corals yet as I can't afford chillers