Need help for Deltec 1455!

jackiee

• SRC Member

Adjusted everything I could. But I still can't get it right...

keep on overflowing... Anyone can guide me. This is the 2nd time having this problem.. 1st time after 2 hours settled.. go back normal.. Now 2 days already.. That's y I calling for help now. .

It happen after I WC n change wool..

Help help! !

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

• SRC Member

once in a while i have this issue as well, after adding some additives , will just keep overflowing. No matter what you do, the problem will persist.

Off the skimmer, let it rest for a day and shall back to normal.. haha

>>

• SRC Member

Thanks to all the advice... Have reefer whatsapp me, private msg me.. n even call me up. . Super helpful. . Not forgetting reef depot.. They patiently guide me step by step to trouble shoot n take video for them to troubleshoot.. super helpful. .

Now Skimmer is good n running. . Prolly due to my black cotton I guess. . Deltec Skimmer is v v sensitive... Hope this thread can help others in future.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• SRC Member

I had the same frustrating issue too. Usually after a water change. The last time my 1455 gone crazy with water overflowing from the cup for 2 days, I gave a very 'du lan' knocked, cos skimmer body slightly shifted out of position. To my surprised, the skimmer output bubbles react to the knocks. Knock once , it will overflow, knock back again and nice bubbles will be back.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

If you rub your fingers over new reefing equipment, they will come off slightly greasy, it's this plastic greasy thingy that causes overflowing skimmers. Equipments like reactors, skimmers, wavemakers, filters socks/ wools. It is especially noticeable when your water is clean and tank newish. You can test it yourself again, just put in new filter wool and watch the fun and joy. For older stable tanks, it will happen too but they stablise within hours.

For every new purchases you plan to immerse into your tank, it is best to soak it in hot water (not boiling, that will weaken rubber seals, but just hot). You should see stubborn bubbles on greasy equipment, soak until the bubbles go away, 48 hours or so. Or you can just rub it with all the love you can muster under the tap.

If you have already dump something brand new in without cleaning, you need about 10% tank volume worth of new saltmix next to you as you empty your skimmer cup and replace with new saltmix. Tedious work.

Materialism :- He who dies with the most toys, wins.

• 1 month later...