Why no price tags or labels on all the products include corals and fis

I love angel

• SRC Member

Price tagging is just good practice and can help avoid misunderstanding in case of dispute in pricing( ie over charging not only life stock but also equipment and additives). At the end of it, it is all up to the lfs if they want to display prices and if we will patronise them if they do not. I understand that sometimes, they are so busy when shipment arrives that there is no time for price tagging but there should be no excuse for equipment and the regular items which they have on display all the time.

• 3 months later...

Wow this topic still on going , I'm going to add my comment.

In the past when I just started, I don't even know the price and I always do research online. Even for a blue tang size M, price can varies from 15-22 or even higher depending the place I purchase .

Price is not an issue if the livestock were able to survive in my tank , and maybe worth as the owner will educate how to keep and give a lot experience to the newbies . Which make me feel it is ok to be pricey cause I'm paying for the service too.

But different people have different point of view , amateur will know the standard price however newbies will afraid getting chop and will walk in walk out of lfs to look for cheapest.

My point is maybe somewhere will show he standard price or a price range to help newbies. Even I myself find it hard to find the price online.

As for shop that put label or not, that's their marketing strategy. But if they label , other shop will know how much they quote and will quote lesser causing a price war? But if they don't label , it will be a trust factor and I will not patronize the shop unless I know that it always quoted cheap or OKOK price to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Grammar error ftw)

Y u people have so many complain !! Do u think this is ntuc or 711 !! People is doing business, whether they label or not is up to them, if u think the price is right get it if not go off !! N stop all the yr point my point, who r yr to tell them how to do business !! Think before say something !!

• Like 1

Y u people have so many complain !! Do u think this is ntuc or 711 !! People is doing business, whether they label or not is up to them, if u think the price is right get it if not go off !! N stop all the yr point my point, who r yr to tell them how to do business !! Think before say something !!

I think we are doing constructive discussion unlike you exclamation mark here and there HAHA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

i do not know whether this thread is close. i just started FW last year feb and currently am a newbie in SW. LFS for both SW and FW do not really put the prices some do but some don't. To me being a newbie and not giving up on this hobby is simple and it is called "Customer service". Of cause the forum plays a part too.

Basically customer service to me means, the LFS knows his stuff and willing to share his knowledge i am good. Been to a few LFS for SW some places as long as you go in and you are not a regular they just ignore me. Went to one LFS asked for dead or dry rocks he said "We only have Live rocks you dry it become dead rocks already what". Which is true he is not wrong. But he should know what i was looking for. GO has damn good service. Talked to me about corals, the pricing and care level what type of food he recommends. Even after i told him i am just here to take a look around.

IMO price don't really matter even if i have to pay 10% or 20% more for a fish/ corals/ plants if the customer service is good there i will always frequent that place and only that place. Unless of cause i can't find what i am looking for.

just some 2cents from a newbie in SW

P.S "well the type of fish name or coral name will help, so newbies can google it on the spot on care level etc on the spot. instead of asking the LFS for name."