Light bulbs for chaeto

Wow i suck at diy, now currently using some spiral 23w daylight bulb. Will see the growth, might get back to you if growth is slowwwwwe. Thanks for input though!!
It's not so ideal as I use the daylight bulb before . U can get the par38 from mad petz

Main Tank: 93 Gallon Cube Tank
Skimmer: Deltec SC 1455, Skimz Mini SN143
Chiller: Arctica DBA-075
Lightings: AI Hydra 52 x 02
Wavemaker: Vortech mp-40 x 02, Tunze 6020
Dosing Pump: Jebao with Grotech ABC,123 & Mag
Return Pump: Deltec H20cean 5000
Reactor: Biopellets with FR & Deltec H20cean 2000

FR: Skimz BR80

Supplements: Seachem Reef Builder, Seachem Calcium, Seachem Magnesium, Seachem Kalkwassar, Seachem Iodine

You don't need fancy lights to grow cheato .. Just a normal table lamp or normal aquarium fixture with 6500k light bulb will do it.

If you have problem growing them on a 6500k light then you are actually doing something good.

Your actual main display tank/water does not have enought nutrient to support them.

Which is good for corals ..

PS: I use a grow light bulb for cheato , but they don't seem to grow a lot ..!! Hmmm I wonder why..

Stairway to Heaven

My no3 at best is 10. Definitely not a nutrient problem. Previously used some cheapo clip on lamp but guess not enough cause i dont see it grow much. Ill prolly play around with some bulbs first.

You don't see them grow much? .... Exactly how long did u observe them not growing? Days , weeks , months?

Stairway to Heaven

IMHO if cheato also need to buy special light to grow, like a bit waste $$. If no grow I think its ok as not to forget this algae is chosen cos of its hardiness and easy to maintain, no grow better since there is no unwanted things to absorb. Just my 2 cents

My tank sure got things to absorb...i got lots of algae here and there...fortunately the live rock i got has tonnes of those slug like snail to clean my glass at night...just that compared to before i added the chaeto there doesnt seem to be any difference in terms of nitrates...good thing is my phospates are zero...so probably im doing something wrong in terms of growing chaeto

You don't see them grow much? .... Exactly how long did u observe them not growing? Days , weeks , months?

At least 2 months. The size of the chaeto is the same. The only difference are those loose strands that managed to anchor itself in my refugium. Those i did see growth but very little. Prolly a few mm

Could u tell a bit more about the system u are running , reactors with pallets n rowa or just refuge ? I've heard of systems with detectable nitrates that won't go down and po4 at 0.

If I recall correctly , po4 is needed in order to get no3 down , they work together .

Stairway to Heaven

If you are dosing bacteria everyday , then I would recommend polylab biosphere placed in the skimmer (in a bag at so it don't choke the outlet) effectively removes no3 . Do a search , think there's a thread talking bout this.

Stairway to Heaven