tap water

S_S

• SRC Member

I'm new but it's been 2 weeks since I've switched from nsw to salt mix with tap water and Baxter anti chlorine mix. Doing wc about 20% daily. Haven't spotted any open break of algae as of yet.

I'm new but it's been 2 weeks since I've switched from nsw to salt mix with tap water and Baxter anti chlorine mix. Doing wc about 20% daily. Haven't spotted any open break of algae as of yet.

U will see that soon, but at least a DI unit to remove all elements in tap water.. DI can give u 0 TDS which I m using nw

Tap water will have high TDS eg 150 n above

• SRC Member

diatoms main food is silicate, nitrate and phosphate. the reason you havent seen any yet is coz ur nitrate and phosphate is probably still low. i still got a minor bloom in my tank after a month of cycle but i got the silicate from the sand and not from rodi water.

• SRC Member

Possible. Thanks bro foo_pat and Drahc. Yea but I don't want to speak too soon too because the tank is coming close to 2 months old. Still considered new and lots to learn still. Will monitor and see how it goes. My nitrate is about 20ppm. As for phosphate I do not have a test kit but feeding my fishes roughly 4 times or more.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

I feed my fish once a day with little food but still with lots if algae even thought i use filter water. Snr bro all say new tank is like that.. After 5 mths this algae all moved to my sump now display tank have lesser algae. Learning from xiggie on growing algae in sump now.. Will be trying soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• SRC Member

I feed my fish once a day with little food but still with lots if algae even thought i use filter water. Snr bro all say new tank is like that.. After 5 mths this algae all moved to my sump now display tank have lesser algae. Learning from xiggie on growing algae in sump now.. Will be trying soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Wanwan, saying growing algae in sump refers to using equipment like algae scrubber? Or some natural way of doing so? Can share with us? Thanks.