Donation Drive for Brittle Bones Kids

flubberina13

• SRC Member

Hey...was contemplating to write or not to write but my emotions get the better of me as I continue reading the news article about the two kids..The articles are only found in the chinese papers...Can ask me for them if you want...

Personally know them and my heart goes out to them especially with the sufferings that they are undergoing... :cry::cry2::cry2:

As I was reading the articles to some people today...tears welled up in my eyes and I didn't realise that my voice was unsteady as I spoke about them to my listeners...it was only when the some of the listeners started crying that I realised I was doing so too...

I have personally pledged to donate a fixed amount of money monthly to help them with their suffering...and now is finding opportunities to help one way or another...so just trying this avenue of Singapore Reef Club hoping to find like-minded souls here...

The kids are Phua Kin Yong and Siqi and they are thirteen and ten years old respectively...should be in Sec 1 and Primary Four this year if they can afford to...however...these brittle bones and related diseases are causing them to waste away their lives bedridden...

The girl couldn't take it and she has been constantly asking her mother to 'get rid' of her and end her suffering. Imagine these words coming from a ten year innocent gal... :cry::cry2:

She also needs to be constantly massaged and also frequently requests to be 'scratched' due to the bed sores or itchiness suffered from lying on the bed for long periods of time.

No words could describe the scenario that faces you if you could just spend some time at their flat. :cry2::cry2::cry2: Chances are...you would leave crying and sobbing... :cry:

Concurrently only Father is working and mother got to take care of the children all by herself. There are also the numerous medical bills to take care of. Some help is on the way in the form of a maid to be employed by the children's school. Even some 'VIP' is writing in to the authorities to request for the waiver of the maid's levy. Let's keep our fingers crossed. :angel:

The situation is indeed taking a toil on them and it is also emotionally and physically tiring for the Phua family and especially Mrs Phua. :cry:

Her sufferings started many years back..Believe me...I witnessed it so many times...she would carry her son to and fro from school and even sit in the class where necessary. Kin Yong can't communicate. All he could say are just mutterings, murmurings, shriekings and moanings... :cry: Despite that, I used to see him in a cheerful mood with a slight hint of smile from his face in spite of his sufferings...but now I see it no more in the face of this innocent young chap who doesn't even get a chance to taste teenage life and also experience any form of social life. And he also have to have a urinal or spitoon attached to his genitals as he can't control and it will be too late for his mother to take action when the time comes...

I hope you can get the essence of the story with what I have written...If yes...I do hope to commit you to help in one way or another for this unfortunate family...

If you are interested in helping, you can pm me to tell me or if you do not feel comfortable with me handling any monies that you intend to contribute...Just pm me and I will direct you to the relevant source or connect you to it if you prefer it this way... :)

Just pm me with your queries and I will try my best to seek the answers for you for things that I do not know... :)

God bless you and good day...

Love... :peace:

Amy