Newbie 2ft Set Up

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

nice skimmer you've got. Got it for my IOS last time and it's really good :thumbsup:

The water level don't seem to able touch the top cup. Is it normal ? I already adjust full blast for the skimmer

Untitled.thumb.jpg.7714ce1b06996ffb51c72

• SRC Member

Will look like this video:

Yep but mine is hob type .. the hang on tank I already at the max height where the water flow out.. I push the top cup to the lowest but the bubble still won't touch the bottom of the cup

• SRC Member

Hi Bro,

I read earlier in the thread that you are using the HI-Lumen 60, have you changed your lighting already? is it working well for your corals?

thanks!

Hi Bro , I mean I was looking at this light hahaha .. I haven buy yet .. still using normal led light from fish tank set.

Ok, cos the feedback I received is that not good enough for the corals and it emits quite a fair bit of heat as well. I'm planning to change to something better? but something like a Razor is already quite ex for me, so still camping around.. Any recommendations from bros out there? thanks!

• SRC Member

Ok, cos the feedback I received is that not good enough for the corals and it emits quite a fair bit of heat as well. I'm planning to change to something better? but something like a Razor is already quite ex for me, so still camping around.. Any recommendations from bros out there? thanks!

Ohh .. how about T5 light set like the twin tube type ? I maybe looking at that light set. Any recommendation for what type of T5 tube to use ?

• SRC Member

You can consider Green Element Evo LED light bro..

Please "like" my FaceBook page - "Edquarium" (https://facebook.com/pages/Edquarium/350986588421491)

Thank you for your support :)

Logo-small_zpse0zttdgv.png

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

I am also starting a new 2ft FOWLR aquarium. When doing water changes you can do it with fresh water?? You don't need to mix it with salt the night before?

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

• SRC Member

still no skimmate =(

Hi bro, what's ur water SG? Too low SG will not have skimmate..so far ur fishes n corals doing fine?

Imho, ur tank is deep n u can scape higher as the top of ur tank look empty n bare..the feel is like everything is on the floor..no offence yea :)

@ 291213

Updated video: Kenyee FOWLR

http://m.youtube.com/my_videos

• SRC Member

I am also starting a new 2ft FOWLR aquarium. When doing water changes you can do it with fresh water?? You don't need to mix it with salt the night before?

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Bro, wc with fresh water is unless u want to lower ur tank water SG (not a proper way to do oso as if SG drop too drastic will crash ur tank)..normal wc is to use NSW or salt mix water..cheers :)

@ 291213

Updated video: Kenyee FOWLR

http://m.youtube.com/my_videos