Dear Bros,

I'm currently having a 2 x 1.5 x 1.5, just went through the cycling process and had a mini diatom bloom in the midst as well.

With the tank cycled and did a 40% to remove No3, I went to buy a pair of Banggai Cardinal as the first residents in my tank. However, I realised that they are always hiding among the rocks and seldom swing around the tank as I would love them to. Is it normal for them to behave this way, or is that something that I need to do?

At the moment i think they are eating fine, and one of them only tend to swim out when i off the room light at night.

I haven't started a lighting regime for the tank yet, as I'm camping to change my lights and there no corals in the tank yet.

Any Bros can advise? thanks alot in advance! :)

Dear Bros,

I'm currently having a 2 x 1.5 x 1.5, just went through the cycling process and had a mini diatom bloom in the midst as well.

With the tank cycled and did a 40% to remove No3, I went to buy a pair of Banggai Cardinal as the first residents in my tank. However, I realised that they are always hiding among the rocks and seldom swing around the tank as I would love them to. Is it normal for them to behave this way, or is that something that I need to do?

At the moment i think they are eating fine, and one of them only tend to swim out when i off the room light at night.

I haven't started a lighting regime for the tank yet, as I'm camping to change my lights and there no corals in the tank yet.

Any Bros can advise? thanks alot in advance! :)

Don't worry bro it's normal for newly added fishes to behave like that. Some wrasse U won't even see them for as long a week. They are just stress from the shipping and also getting use to the new environment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• SRC Member

After a while they will get use to it as they are scared. But you might want to feed them at night when lights are off so that they are getting proper feeding since that's when they come out