Panther grouper and fire shrimp/ skunk shrimp

exomanic

Hi everybody would like some opinions and advice on a matter, i have currently a 4 ft fowlr tank inside got mainly angel n tang, and also some inverterbrates like 2 large fire shrimps, 3 cleaner shrimps quite big also. I have another tank inside got a small panther grouper but recently grew abit too large for that tank i feel and i wana move him over do u think he will attack the shrimps? bcoz if so i will be moving my shrimps to the small tank..thanks for advice

• 3 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

Please don't bother to try la.
As much as you wanna find justifications to believe that they can co-exist, it is a matter of time when the joint tenancy of tank will become only Single Tenant - Grouper.

Doesn't matter how big your Shrimp is .... you have not got a chance to measure how big the mouth of grouper can stretch.

I was at LFS Shop a month ago, While talking to the Shop Owner, I jumped because I heard a loud splashing noise from the tank next to me.

The Small Innocent looking Grouper WHACKED the BIG Damsel .... Couldn't swallow the Damsel in one bite, he chased and WHACKED again. Verdict: Gone .... the Damsel said 'Amen'.

LFS Owner told me that they have been co-existing for quite some time already.

So..... good luck to you.

P/S: In this case, the 'FIRE' will not kill the 'PANTHER' ..... because the Grouper hunts like a Panther but the Shrimp cannot Spit Fire at all ..

Even if the mouth can't fit, the impact of the chase will injure and eventually kill shrimp. When the shrimp molt... It's dinner time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk