Restart from square 1

• SRC Member

Hey reefers after the 8th times my water is finally cycled. My water condition right now is excellent! Now that my water parameters are ok, I want to ask you guys, should I head to the fish shop and get my new fish? if so, what kind of fish and sizes are suitable for newly cycled tank? How many fishes should I add at once? I know that I am not supposed to overstock my tank. I hope you guys can give me advices thanks! :)

• SRC Member

Hi guys thanks for replying, tank specs

Tank size: L:48cm B:24cm H:24cm

It's a 4feet tank. 4x2x2

Ammonia: 0ppm

Nitrite:0ppm

Nitrate:0ppm

PH:8.2-8.4

Salinity: 1.024

If you guys are wondering why 8th times because my water has never cycled properly. I always have to wait it to cycle more than 3mnths. But that 3mnths also the water is still the same. Ammonia,nitrite and nitrate very high.

Maybe you can consider clownfish or globy for a start. Since your tank size is rather limited, you might want to plan for a fish stock list.

Hi guys thanks for replying, tank specs

Tank size: L:48cm B:24cm H:24cm

It's a 4feet tank. 4x2x2

Ammonia: 0ppm

Nitrite:0ppm

Nitrate:0ppm

PH:8.2-8.4

Salinity: 1.024

If you guys are wondering why 8th times because my water has never cycled properly. I always have to wait it to cycle more than 3mnths. But that 3mnths also the water is still the same. Ammonia,nitrite and nitrate very high.

Bro is inches not cm

This is a signature : hi

• SRC Member

Can get some clean up crew, some algae eating fish like yellow tang. Some easy corals like zoa, mushroom to test water condition

Sent from my HM NOTE 1LTE using Tapatalk

That's a good idea! If I buy 2 clown fish and 2 yellow tangs and some clean up crew, will the ammonia,nitrite,and nitrate go down like maybe 1ppm? Or will it stay 0ppm?

• SRC Member

Bro, so ur tank is 4ft by 2ft by 2ft..cycled for 8 mth then ANN low..m I correct? :)

Share ur tank pic will b best..

Yes, my tank is 4by2by2... Cycled 8times, meaning 1st time cycle took me about 3mnths. So 8th times cycle 8times)x3mnths = 24mths.

But still low.

I think u are getting it all wrong again. Tank cycling should be done with rocks in the tank, preferably live rocks ,

Dead rocks can be used but it will take longer time to cycle ,

The idea is to cultivate bacteria that will run the 'ecosystem' in the tank

Stairway to Heaven