Why do some fishes not survive ?

CookieCrunch

Hey reefers .

I'm confused and lost on why some fishes just don't survive in my tank .

The fishes that I'm referring to are fire fish and anthias . This two breeds of fish just don't survive in my tank .

Fishes that I have:

Flame angel

Regal angel

Blue face angel

Lemon peel angel

Mystic angel

Blue hippo tang

Chromis

Clownfish

Yellow tang

Doctor wrasse

Diamond goby

Do appreciate if I could get someone's help ! Cause I really like anthias and fire fishes due to their colors !

Does your angels bully them? I know blue face is a big bully ime

Sent from my HM NOTE 1LTE using Tapatalk

Haha not really ! My blue face is quite timid compared to the other Angels ! My angels live quite happily with each other . I don't see any aggression in the tank yet . Hope it stays that way .

So I'm not sure why ! :)

Acclimation play a part and put in qt to ensure they eat before putting into the tank. For normal angel reefer they put in isolation box first to introduce it to other fishes:)

This is a signature : hi

• SRC Supporter

firefish are more shy and timid.

usually prefers lower level in the water column so bigger or more aggresive fishes around it would causes stress to it.

anthias need consistant feeding, not many reefers are able to sustain them for along time.

• Like 1

[ ]

[ ]

Reef Reefing Reefed

firefish are more shy and timid.

usually prefers lower level in the water column so bigger or more aggresive fishes around it would causes stress to it.

anthias need consistant feeding, not many reefers are able to sustain them for along time.

But I don't see any aggression in my tanks . Is it just because they are small and they see bigger fishes they get shocked .

So anthias are quite hard to keep kinda fish ?

Acclimation play a part and put in qt to ensure they eat before putting into the tank. For normal angel reefer they put in isolation box first to introduce it to other fishes:)

This is a signature : hi

So for anthias and fire fish ??

Haha . I don't isolate my angel when I put new one though . Take out bag and immediately put in display, all has been fine so far . Just added a queen yesterday .

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...