Maintaining ur diving gears

hammerhd

• SRC Member

Some of u have ur dive gears for sometimes and some had just bought them so this is the place to share how u maintain ur gears....

U can maintain ur tank but how abt ur gears as they r life support items when u r in the sea.....

Lets start with the basic gears

Mask- After diving wash with fresh water and let it dry butttt.... dont put in the sun as it is "kill" ur silicone skirting....

Fins- Same as above but when drying place it flat on the ground dont let it stand on the padle side..

wet suit- In the diving circle there is 1 truth(There are two kinds of diver there are those that pee in there wetsuit

and those that SAY they dont)

so u can either wash it by hand with a bit of detol or mild soap.

Or... can put it in the washing machine in gentle cycle.

After drying, try not to fold it up as it is creased the neoprene and damage the thermal bubble in the neoprene.

The rest of the gears i 2mrrw then say....

Any more input/comments are ;) welcome

• SRC Member

RE: neuprene stuff (suits booties....etc) Very hard to rinse, so those with sensitive skin should not use soapy detergents or powders. Dettol is fine... make sure it is well diluted.

Come to think of it.... everything also wash in mild Dettol .... Dun soak your hoses for too long though.

• SRC Member

piece of advise, make sure the zips on the wet suit and booties are free from salt and sand deposits ... these are commonly the culprits for any damages on the suits esp.

but should not be a problem as long as u have the eqpt frequently, still using my pair of technicsub full foot since 1994!

• SRC Member

aiyo, a SMB only cost less than $20...can give lah.. hahaha...

Hammerhd,

I usually rinse my wetsuit for over 5-10 mins but i dun wash it in washing machine.

after rinsing, i hang it dry... I thought that by washing with soap, it will damage the wetsuit? :blink:

Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

• SRC Member

yazid read above :P

let me put here for u

There are two kinds of diver there are those that pee in there wetsuit

and those that SAY they dont.... :lol:

kelstorm-my smb chio chio one leh :P

the wetsuit can be washed with soap as it is supposed to tahan this kind of treatment....

Ok part 2

Reg- After final day of diving, find a air tank, hook ur reg onto the tank and purge it a few times in fresh water at the same time turning the sivels and the knobs.... hang to dry

Dont not purge the regis u r not hook up to a tank. last time i did that the water back flow into the 1st stage and i have to waste 30 bucks to service it...

BC- Pump water in to the bc through the inflator hose until 1/4 fill the rest of it with air. swossh it ard for a minute or so. release the water and pump in water again do the same for a few times.

after that inflate it and let it dry....

After drying, keep in ur bag with the bc slightly inflate..

• SRC Member
kelstorm-my smb chio chio one leh :P

the wetsuit can be washed with soap as it is supposed to tahan this kind of treatment....

Norman,

I've tried my best to get it free for u from hammerhd.. hahaha... now just have to depend on his goodwill lor.. hahhaa..

All these time since i owned a wetsuit, i have only rinse it even though i "contributed" to the saliinity in the ocean... darn.. my wetsuit must be very "populated" already.. with bacteria.. yucks... :shock:

Problem with washing it in washine machine.. my mom will scold me.. maybe when i bathe and wear it at the same time and wash.. ahh.. idea.... :idea:

Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

• SRC Member
maybe when i bathe and wear it at the same time and wash.. ahh.. idea.... :idea:

I only bathe with my fishing rod after every trip. <_< Now I got to bathe with my wetsuit.

• SRC Member

Norman,

I've tried my best to get it free for u from hammerhd.. hahaha... now just have to depend on his goodwill lor.. hahhaa..

All these time since i owned a wetsuit, i have only rinse it even though i "contributed" to the saliinity in the ocean... darn.. my wetsuit must be very "populated" already.. with bacteria.. yucks... :shock:

Problem with washing it in washine machine.. my mom will scold me.. maybe when i bathe and wear it at the same time and wash.. ahh.. idea.... :idea:

:lol: erm depend on what sausage he talking about :P

the jetfins ah... promotional price lor.. 140.

• SRC Member

I only bathe with my fishing rod after every trip. <_< Now I got to bathe with my wetsuit.

actually, i would like to bathe with a gal lah.. removing the wetsuit... opps... aint adult channel here.. hehehe.. :D that beats washing with 'rods' anytime.. hahaha. :D

For those divers who own their personal diving gear, especially BCD and regulator, it is highly recommended that you send it back to your dive operator for an annual servicing. Especially if you dive with enriched air, get your o-rings changed twice a year.

• SRC Member
especially BCD and regulator, it is highly recommended that you send it back to your dive operator for an annual servicing.

send BCD to dive operator for servicing??? Darned... i bought mine from LA... :( Just need to service the inflator and deflator control right?

• SRC Member

thats y get a bc that has a dealer in spore.....

Norman- juz asking...thks

the smb see 1st loh

this years diving insurance is getting very ex....

Hmmm..... all dirty old man...... wat rod here rod there juz dont anywhere take it out for cleaning can liao :P

orpheus if u r dving with enriched air u have get ur rg for O2 cleaning reguarly right????

btw this sat i have to go beach road to get something then i may go jalan jalan a bit of dive shops... anybody interested to join me......

• SRC Member
thats y get a bc that has a dealer in spore.....

Norman- juz asking...thks

the smb see 1st loh

this years diving insurance is getting very ex....

Hmmm..... all dirty old man...... wat rod here rod there juz dont anywhere take it out for cleaning can liao :P

orpheus if u r dving with enriched air u have get ur rg for O2 cleaning reguarly right????

btw this sat i have to go beach road to get something then i may go jalan jalan a bit of dive shops... anybody interested to join me......

in dayang loh..... :lol: The morning sun looks great!!! Please sun stay awhile.... haha...

• SRC Member
nope.... cannot find.... sigh........

any 1 knw where to buy those kind of medic scissors????

:(

hospital is one good place to visit for such stuff...

I know the shop Oceanic in concourse sells a set of SS scissors.. seen it over there before.. u might wan to consider looking for it there.

• SRC Member
nope.... cannot find.... sigh........

any 1 knw where to buy those kind of medic scissors????

:(

I thought that scissors can be found at any pasar malam.

It can cut through anything... especially Bubu (Fish trap)