location of sim lim lights shop (DIy)

giantbicycle

i've read somewhere that cold cathode lights have higher light intensity than leds at the same price so i am thinking of doing moonlight fixtures with cold cathodes instead of leds.

Cold cathode fluorescent tubes are all over the places in Sim Lim Tower and Sim Lim Square. You can also savage them from some broken scanner, LCD display etc

• 2 weeks later...
Cold cathode fluorescent tubes are all over the places in Sim Lim Tower and Sim Lim Square. You can also savage them from some broken scanner, LCD display etc

Hi bro,

LCD display CCFL is very thin and also the K factor consideration so It's not suitable for marine lighting.

post-1182-049500100201281969137_thumb.gi

Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do. - Goethe

• SRC Member
Hi bro,

LCD display CCFL is very thin and also the K factor consideration so It's not suitable for marine lighting.

Agree, they look bright on monitor only after passing thru diffuser sheets.

I rem they have a low content of mercury?? maybe some experts can comment..

Best Regards,

Morpheous

==========================================================================================

My Ocean Pets:

Emperor Angel, PowderBlue Tang, Regal Angel, Teardrop Butterfly, Singapore Angel and Nemos

==========================================================================================

(Only when you guard your lips, you guard your soul....)

Coslayer intends to use CCFL as a moonlight. As such, spectrum in not important and there are CCFL that is relatively bright, definitely bright enough as a "moonlight".

I agree that CCFL is more fragile. As a LED fanatic, I'll strongly suggest using LED............... :)