Ryan-Kee's very first 2ft Reef Tank

Ryan-Kee

Thanks for suggestions bros, I will use distilled water for my next water change while I look out for a used RODI system first. 

Guess there won't be any major updates until then. Happy reefing guys! I'll be back hehe.

• Like 1

• SRC Member

Thanks for suggestions bros, I will use distilled water for my next water change while I look out for a used RODI system first. 

Guess there won't be any major updates until then. Happy reefing guys! I'll be back hehe.

Dun mia too long ah Ryan .. hahaha we will wait for yr update soon

Untitled.thumb.jpg.7714ce1b06996ffb51c72

Depends. High corals , Low fish - di unit priority . Low corals, high fish - skimmer priority. Once u can get both, than lesser limitation of what u can keep bro

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I Love Stagsss

Welcome to SRC ! Haha Revoreef? Must be a poison coming from qh so assuming you a freshwater person.

Skimmer for a 2 feet is recommended. I've try to use hydra well still observing so i won't give much comment.

Can you update your review on http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/topic/137961-of-hydra-stream/

Anyway thanks for taking time to update your parameter. No matter how the parameter is showing, always make sure to read about fish guides online to see what fish is ready for

start up tank and what fish is for mature tank. 

I've use some revo reef product and assuming they from USA, the price is cheap so if you happen to use Revoreef (start up bateria), can update me what you think about it because i'm planning to use it for my new tank.

I don't really use RODI but i suggest if you have budget you should get 1 because algaes are so ugly.  

What salt brand you use? :P

• SRC Member

Hi Ryan... Welcome to the marine world.. I am a freshwater person as well.. I think u will agrees with me that marine is really a chore. But when it comes to the satisfaction, its beyond words could describe. I would also wana express my thanks to u for recommending some revoreef products to me like the coral supplements as well as the beneficial bactrria tablets. It works amazing and Its cheap too. Do update ya tank and show us the updates of some new injections to ya tank. B)

Dun mia too long ah Ryan .. hahaha we will wait for yr update soon

Haha I won't! Just went shopping yesterday to get more CUC. Next up will be water change. I'll be heading to Malaysia for the weekend too so will also be looking at the RO/DI units there. Not sure if it will be cheaper with the conversion rate, but it's more common there.

Depends. High corals , Low fish - di unit priority . Low corals, high fish - skimmer priority. Once u can get both, than lesser limitation of what u can keep bro

Thanks Tofubox, ultimately my aim is to have low stock qty of fish and just LPS. Low maintenance is important as I travel quite frequently. With my freshwater fishes, my wife tends to overfeed as the fishes always seem hungry to her :(

Welcome to SRC ! Haha Revoreef? Must be a poison coming from qh so assuming you a freshwater person.

Skimmer for a 2 feet is recommended. I've try to use hydra well still observing so i won't give much comment.

Can you update your review on http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/topic/137961-of-hydra-stream/

Anyway thanks for taking time to update your parameter. No matter how the parameter is showing, always make sure to read about fish guides online to see what fish is ready for

start up tank and what fish is for mature tank. 

I've use some revo reef product and assuming they from USA, the price is cheap so if you happen to use Revoreef (start up bateria), can update me what you think about it because i'm planning to use it for my new tank.

I don't really use RODI but i suggest if you have budget you should get 1 because algaes are so ugly.  

What salt brand you use? :P

Good guess bro! Yes I'm a freshwater person for 10 years and never thought I will be poisoned... but... haha. Thanks for your advise on the fish guides, I'm going slow on the stocking as I'm still learning from all bros what goes best with what... and what to avoid. 

Oh you use the Hydra too? I'm also monitoring the hydra but I'm only less than 2 weeks in, will update bros here. Initial observations... Plus points. Livestock and zoas seems healthy. Water is crystal clear since the start. Neutral points. It seems to convert ammonia and nitrite really quickly but nitrate still remains. I will have to export the nitrates somehow.

You mean the Reefstart bacteria? Haha they gave me that free with my tank and their new reef salt. Honestly I'm not very familiar with other reef products, but I find that it helps me start up my tank really quickly. I've done water tests 6 days into starting the tank with decomposing materials and the ammonia and nitrite are zero, so either the liverock are really good or the bacteria really works lol.

Yes I really need the RODI, will go Malaysia see see look look. Hope can find good lobang there.

Hi Ryan... Welcome to the marine world.. I am a freshwater person as well.. I think u will agrees with me that marine is really a chore. But when it comes to the satisfaction, its beyond words could describe. I would also wana express my thanks to u for recommending some revoreef products to me like the coral supplements as well as the beneficial bactrria tablets. It works amazing and Its cheap too. Do update ya tank and show us the updates of some new injections to ya tank. B)

Thanks Neutral! Marine is really not easy as there's more parameters to consider depending on what we're keeping. I'm still learning and guess the best way is through trial and error haha. No problem bro, thanks for sharing too on fish knowledge!

Hi guys,

Time really flies when you’re having fun! It’s been around 12 days since I first started the tank and I’m really enjoying the hobby as well as getting to meet new friends that I’ve known through the SG Reef Club forum.

Besides some unsightly diatoms that started growing since Day 07, everything else is going fine thus far. I will probably let the diatoms grow out and hopefully it will go away in a week or two once it exhaust the silicates. Water has been crystal clear since the tank was started. The Hydra Stream seems to be coping well? Fingers crossed as I don't have any skimmers yet.

Stocks added to date:

• Ocellaris Clownfish x 2
  • Turbo Sp. x 3
  • Nassarius Sp. x 2
  • Blood Red Fire Shrimp (Lysmata debelius) x 1
  • Goniopora x 1
  • Zoanthid x 1
  • Sponge Coral x 1

I realized my Gonio was botak at the bottom when I reached home, haha that's a lesson learn not to be too hasty when choosing.  It also doesn't seem to be opening up well. Photo below was taken on day 2 of introduction. Is this normal or should I move it somewhere else?

20151016_7044_lores.jpg?w=600&h=400

20151016_7045_lores.jpg?w=702

Learn to let the picture do the talking

Thanks for the tips bro!

We are already stressing him already haha..

Haha as long as not my fishes stress is ok keke. Thanks for reading although there's nothing much to see lol.

Hi Ryan! Finally found ur thread haha. Hope to see a picture update soon! :)

Haha thanks for visiting my humble thread. So much to learn from you bros!

Following this thread is really awesome!!. :wub:Keep the pictures coming... :D

Hahaha more for the chit chat right? Thanks for kind comments bro!

I think I'm more interested to see your parameter using hydra stream :P

Haha me too! I will test my water on Sunday once I'm back from visiting my in-laws. Meanwhile looking forward to all the good food in Batu Pahat hahaha.

• SRC Member

Woow.. a holiday.. NICE B).. keep us posted on the results.. I heard alot of good comment on Hydra.. but not yet tried one.. would go and buy 1 if ya result tested is good.

• SRC Member

Haha me too! I will test my water on Sunday once I'm back from visiting my in-laws. Meanwhile looking forward to all the good food in Batu Pahat hahaha.

Any update on using Hydra ? keen to use for my tank too.

Untitled.thumb.jpg.7714ce1b06996ffb51c72

Hi bros, I've just gotten a DI unit which should help me a lot in controlling algae. Also was cleaning out my live-rocks due to suspected attacks on my fishes that were hiding in the caves. Every morning wake up to injured or partially eaten fishes, finally cannot tahan and went to work using a tweezers, torch and a pail of DI water.

Lesson learnt for me, don't be lazy in curing live rocks... do it one time swee swee rather than having to tear down your tank. :unsure:

Free gifts:

IMG_5149.thumb.JPG.94667fc782c5d7b75e65e

Edited by Ryan-Kee