Hyflux's new water-making machine...

victorp

• SRC Member

:idea: :idea: :idea:

Hyflux's new water-making machine that makes water out of air (actually condensed water from chiller)...if only they can adapt one for the marine fish hobbyists and sell it at an affordable price - it can provide water suitable for marine fish as well as a chiller to keep the water temperature nice for corals and invertebrates.

:idea: :idea: :idea:

• SRC Member

That product is definitely good in Singapore humid weather. Sure got moisture one.

And they are trying to make it affordable sounds good to us.

Anybody thought of using NEWATER for their reef? If they start dumping NEWATER to our reservoir, in the long run our water will be much much cleaner and probably be reef safe. Unless they still put the chlorine in.

• SRC Member
That product is definitely good in Singapore humid weather. Sure got moisture one.

And they are trying to make it affordable sounds good to us.

Anybody thought of using NEWATER for their reef? If they start dumping NEWATER to our reservoir, in the long run our water will be much much cleaner and probably be reef safe. Unless they still put the chlorine in.

We dunn drink straight from the reservoir.. NEWATER is pumped into the reservoir to gain minerals.. like wat we do to our saltwater.. Age them, and the water will still be treated in water treatment plants with all the chemicals added then pumped into our home..

Water without minerals is like eating a cake without sugar and flavouring..

Since we are at this subject, let me share with you guys about this product in the market..

It's call Diamond water..

It's something like a DI/RO unit. except it is processed for human consumption..

It caught my attention when I was in an exhibition.. I think homemakers or something liddat, They had a booth set up and in the booth, they have a fish tank.. All seems normal until I notice that swimming in the tank was a ribbon eel, clown fishes and two goldfishes.. TWO GOLDFISH SWIMMING WITH SALTWATER FISHES!!!!!!!!!! That was what took my attention.. And sitting in the tank was a cannister with a powerhead pumping water into it and out of it.. After much questions were thrown, the explaination was that the cannister contains mineral rocks from one of the Japanese mountain and that mineral rock oxidised the water. And the water they use is Diamond water.. I was really convinced.. And also they took out a sealed bottle with a goldfish inside without any airpump.. You can see that the water has been sitting there for quite sometime and the fish waste was everywhere.. And yet the goldfish is still swimming around..

After that, we got a set from them.. And has been drinking from it ever since..

Those who are interested can PM for more information..

We dunn drink straight from the reservoir.. NEWATER is pumped into the reservoir to gain minerals.. like wat we do to our saltwater.. Age them, and the water will still be treated in water treatment plants with all the chemicals added then pumped into our home..

Water without minerals is like eating a cake without sugar and flavouring..

Since we are at this subject, let me share with you guys about this product in the market..

It's call Diamond water..

It's something like a DI/RO unit. except it is processed for human consumption..

It caught my attention when I was in an exhibition.. I think homemakers or something liddat, They had a booth set up and in the booth, they have a fish tank.. All seems normal until I notice that swimming in the tank was a ribbon eel, clown fishes and two goldfishes.. TWO GOLDFISH SWIMMING WITH SALTWATER FISHES!!!!!!!!!! That was what took my attention.. And sitting in the tank was a cannister with a powerhead pumping water into it and out of it.. After much questions were thrown, the explaination was that the cannister contains mineral rocks from one of the Japanese mountain and that mineral rock oxidised the water. And the water they use is Diamond water.. I was really convinced.. And also they took out a sealed bottle with a goldfish inside without any airpump.. You can see that the water has been sitting there for quite sometime and the fish waste was everywhere.. And yet the goldfish is still swimming around..

After that, we got a set from them.. And has been drinking from it ever since..

Those who are interested can PM for more information..

OH no... you fell for it. ;)

Diamond water tricks people with the fw and sw creatures in one tank.... there is no link with that and the supposedly cleaner water we drink... it's all a matter of salinity.

They probably took some time to acclimatize the SW livestock to lower sg... and increase the salinity of the FW water by adding salt. Both SW and FW fishes can adapt.

The man in the street won't know any better... and be impressed and think that Diamond Water is really something... I didn't bother to shake the promoter's confidence.... and waste time explaining salinity and such...

Diamond Water is no different from the water dispensors sold in Peoples Park that comes with a section where you put in mineral rocks and a filter where you get supposedly 'mineral water'. :)

Sorry if I burst your bubble, dude!

:nc:

• SRC Member

OH no... you fell for it. ;)

Diamond water tricks people with the fw and sw creatures in one tank.... there is no link with that and the supposedly cleaner water we drink... it's all a matter of salinity.

They probably took some time to acclimatize the SW livestock to lower sg... and increase the salinity of the FW water by adding salt. Both SW and FW fishes can adapt.

The man in the street won't know any better... and be impressed and think that Diamond Water is really something... I didn't bother to shake the promoter's confidence.... and waste time explaining salinity and such...

Diamond Water is no different from the water dispensors sold in Peoples Park that comes with a section where you put in mineral rocks and a filter where you get supposedly 'mineral water'. :)

Sorry if I burst your bubble, dude!

:nc:

The water I tasted was FW, from the tank.. And the goldfish thing? How you explain that?

• SRC Member

As AT mentioned, it is possible to acclimatize the goldfish to saltwater. I myself am guilty of having itchy hands and acclimatizing a pair of guppies (from my mom's tank - hush!!!!!! :evil: ) They survived great, and eventually got eaten by my tube anemone. Silly things.

The goldfish in a sealed bottle is probably no different from the way LS are packed and shipped from overseas.

Plenty of oxygen dissolved in water can sustain LS for a long time. And did you ID that the same goldfish is the same one everyday for how long? heheh!

And also that the SW livestock is the same they use for every exhibition? I expect their live expectancy to be max 2 or 3 days.

If you ask me... it's cruel to subject SW fishes to some displays and to 'convince' people that Diamond Water is so special. :angry:

• SRC Member
The goldfish in a sealed bottle is probably no different from the way LS are packed and shipped from overseas.

Plenty of oxygen dissolved in water can sustain LS for a long time. And did you ID that the same goldfish is the same one everyday for how long? heheh!

And also that the SW livestock is the same they use for every exhibition? I expect their live expectancy to be max 2 or 3 days.

If you ask me... it's cruel to subject SW fishes to some displays and to 'convince' people that Diamond Water is so special. :angry:

The goldfish were said to last up to a week in the sealed container..

I actually tasted the water in the tank..

Diver mah.. Dive in sg waters for the past 10 yrs.. except the toilet bowl.. everything else is cleaner than the sea..

=)