My little new 3 footer...

RAV-65

• SRC Member
Yup bro,

actually it is to house the fella for a couple of days 1st... coz i dun have a quarantine tank.... so let the fish destress and start eating in the small plastic tank 1st before releasing it... :)

Vincent Ho

Well...hope u proceed to get a small quarantine tank, those FivePlan tank will do...cheap cheap only. Wat u doing now is juz to let ur new fish get use to the new environment but not preventin new disease from gettin into ur main tank. Goodluck with them. ;)

post-34-1094181419.jpg

There are 2 types of person, those that chose learn n do it rite the first time and those tat chose to learn it the hard way.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

IMO, before you going to buy any fish, it is better to study them more. I think boxfish is not easy to keep. see this http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_Di...id=21&pCatId=81.

"This is a very difficult fish to keep in the aquarium setting by any other than the most experienced aquarist....Use caution if placing the Spotted Boxfish in a reef tank as they will often nibble at tubeworms. If stressed, the Cubicus Boxfish releases a poisonous substance, called ostracitoxin, from its mucous glands which will kill other fish in the tank very quickly."

And the golden Angle fish, see this http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_Di...=21&pCatId=1154

"caution should be used if there is an abundance of LPS and SPS coral in the tank. This species has been known to nip at these corals as well as Xenia corals. In most cases the fish will not damage these corals, but rather just irritate them."

just my 2 cent worth... :peace:

You have a nice landscape :D

thanxs clowntrigger!!

been searching around but couldn't find much info about the golden angel... guess i can only pray and hope for the best... the fish meanwhile looks healthy, only thing i haven't witnessed him eating, only picking at the rocks.... as for the boxfish, this fella actually competes for food!! so i guess they should be okay.... :)

Thanxs again!!

Vincent Ho :thanks:

People do not plan to fail; Often they just fail to plan...

Wat I do to prevent myself from tearing my hair out... My stress remedy...

post-34-1105890976.jpg

• SRC Member

Aww dude... Totally beautiful tank, man.. I love your sun corals and I really really really love your clean sandbed.. Hope it'll stay clean (unlike my dusty one)!!

Good job, bro.. was really worth your investment.. Must invite lots of interested pple to your house to see your tank!!

Thanxs bro, actually its still a pretty simple tank... juz dat i took all the nice nice photos... kekeke.... as for the sandbed, its still clean as ever, had a diatom bloom, but manage to bring it under control.... now its back to before... :)

Vincent Ho :thanks:

post-34-1105890976.jpg

Nee tank pic... :) Taken today... :)

very nice set up u hav there... esp. ur happy sun coral...however...mine not happy....bloom once then never blooms again...wondering wats wrong...now getting pale! :cry:

Do u use any additive to maintain ur tank? I use natural seawater from the farm.

loadnReady

Bro, the sun coral dun really like strong lights, u may wanna shift it away from the lights.... :)

As for the sea water, I'm using Marine Environment Sea salt to mix, its kindda pricey, but research shows it's probably one of the best around... :)

Things I add to my tank :

Chemipure Activated Carbon

Rowaphos

DT Phyto

AZ-No3

Iodine

Dats it! sometimes a bit of reef trace... :)

Vincent Ho

post-34-1105890976.jpg

• SRC Member

hi rav.... nice golden angel.. but beware if you going to keep any sps.. cos this angel will clean up yr sps till it is sparkling white... :D:D and nice goldflake angel.. how much u got for it... cos i have 1 too... mine is abt 2 inch and attaining adulthood... if i m not wrong yours is abt 1 inch in size cos... don't get to see any fin turning black... do pm me for the cost of yr goldflake angel... just want to do some survey on the pricing of such rare fish... :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

yes bro.. you mean you brought yr gold flake at 15.. if that is the case it is really a good price... cos.. most of the gold flake doesnt come in this price...where u get it from bro??.. pls let me know.... thks...

Bought at Pacific Reef.... they were going to change the price to $18, but i told them i oredi take liao at $15... hahahaha... but mine died... was eating in ,my beta box, den after i released into my maintank, the fella stopped eating!!! haiz....

Vincent Ho :(

post-34-1105890976.jpg

• 3 weeks later...