My little new 3 footer...

RAV-65

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bro, what does 'eaten up' mean ah?? :blink::blink: Don't scare me leh. Was thinking of getting a Red Sea.

Huh? thought u ordered the Enaly liao?! :blink:

There are two blue plugs behind the redsea ozonizer, both for attaching air-tubes, one in and one out, less than 6 months after the unit is in use, the blue plug where the ozone comes out kanna "eaten" or "corroded" by the ozone! :angry: Now the whole unit cannot be used... A check with the Qian Hu agent revealed that they dun carry parts for the unit... :(

People do not plan to fail; Often they just fail to plan...

Wat I do to prevent myself from tearing my hair out... My stress remedy...

post-34-1105890976.jpg

Put them in with a wavebox and see them wave at you...... :eyebrow:

I've personally seen one gorgeous tank with all lps and when they sway to the movement of oceanic wave......."no word can describe that feeling" :ooh:

Bro,

sell me all ur SPS and go full LPS lah... :eyebrow:

How's ur new tank coming?? suggest u go make a new tank lah, den can use the Diamant glass! :P

post-34-1105890976.jpg

• SRC Member

Wah bro can see ur tank got some space for this comming shipment. :lol:

6x2.5x2.5 (GEO AQUATIC)

Aquamedic Turboflotor 5000Baby

Aquamedic NR1000

Aquamedic KR1000

Aquamedic Niveaumat

Aquamedic Ozone

RM Fluidised Reactor

Tunze 6060x3

Resun C1000

Aqualight 2x250w + 150w MH

• SRC Member

Huh? thought u ordered the Enaly liao?! :blink:

There are two blue plugs behind the redsea ozonizer, both for attaching air-tubes, one in and one out, less than 6 months after the unit is in use, the blue plug where the ozone comes out kanna "eaten" or "corroded" by the ozone! :angry: Now the whole unit cannot be used... A check with the Qian Hu agent revealed that they dun carry parts for the unit... :(

Wah lau, like that cannot get Red Sea already lah. There is another one call Sanders or something. Is that good? I haven't order anything lah. Still undecided which brand to buy. :(

• SRC Member

Wah lau, like that cannot get Red Sea already lah. There is another one call Sanders or something. Is that good? I haven't order anything lah. Still undecided which brand to buy. :(

Sander ozone is the same unit as Aquamedic only they put a different name on the equipment and the price different by 100%. It a very good piece of equipment easy to clean too. :P

6x2.5x2.5 (GEO AQUATIC)

Aquamedic Turboflotor 5000Baby

Aquamedic NR1000

Aquamedic KR1000

Aquamedic Niveaumat

Aquamedic Ozone

RM Fluidised Reactor

Tunze 6060x3

Resun C1000

Aqualight 2x250w + 150w MH

bro,

FYI. amongst the locally available ozonisers, there r only Red Sea, Aquamedic and Sanders. Enaly as u might hv already known is ordered from overseas. Out of the 4 units, only Red Sea Aquazone Plus models comes with in-built ORP control. Aquamedic, Sanders and Enaly do not. u will hv to get a seperate ORP controller if u wanna run with electronics. Price-wise, Enaly is the most economical.

Austin the Westie: "I may be your best friend, but you are my everything".

Lightning Strike's Back!!!

Reefkeeping Is Not My Hobby, It's My Obsession.

Austin's Birthday

.png

• SRC Member

Sorry bro hijack your thread a bit ah.

The built in ORP controller good or not? Heard in RC a lot of people complain about inconsistent reading of ORP probe leading to constant cleaning and changing. If like that built in one, problem right?

Not too worry about price coz must get good and reliable one as ozone cannot play play one. Can crash tank if dose incorrectly. So your opinion, Sanders good? And what is a good ORP controller?? Thanks in advance.

I tink not bad... haven't seen it in action, but got people in RC using say not bad... Go for the 200mg/hr one... :P

post-34-1105890976.jpg

The built in ORP controller good or not? Heard in RC a lot of people complain about inconsistent reading of ORP probe leading to constant cleaning and changing. If like that built in one, problem right?

Not too worry about price coz must get good and reliable one as ozone cannot play play one. Can crash tank if dose incorrectly. So your opinion, Sanders good? And what is a good ORP controller??  Thanks in advance.

Bro,

I've personally used the American Marine ORP monitor b4... the truth is that the probe needs constant cleaning one... at least once every month, if not it'll give an erroneous reading, and ur ORP climb slowly, until u hit 400mV, den u take out, clean it, put back and realise that actually it's only 350mV... :blink:

I guess all the ORP monitors/controllers would have a probe like dat...

Dat's why I sold off my ORP monitor, coz after using 50mg/hr 24/7, it never hit 400mV, but that was my tank before I rescaped... :P

I tink the Aquamedic is abit ex... can go for Sanders, heard it's pretty good, will set you back $200-300+... As for the ORP monitor, if u dun mind spending alittle bit to get a good one... tink American Marine might have one... :P

post-34-1105890976.jpg

Not too worry about price coz must get good and reliable one as ozone cannot play play one. Can crash tank if dose incorrectly. So your opinion, Sanders good? And what is a good ORP controller?? Thanks in advance.

if u r talking abt the built in controller, e.g. Red Sea Aquazone Plus; it does really pose a problem. the flaw is that the controller cannot be calibrated, there is simply no such function with the Red Sea unit.

good news is the Aquazone Plus unit that i've got is already abt 1.5yrs old with the same old original probe (i am the 2nd owner). juz calibrated the probe a couple of wks back with 475mV calibration solution. the resulting reading from the calibration is 468mV. a deviation of only 7mV. not too bad for a unit/probe that's 1.5 yr old. but i can't say the same for RAV-65, results varies.

if u r gonna connect the ozoniser to ur skimmer intake, do make sure ur skimmer, airline, etc r made of ozoneproof material. use carbon to remove excess ozone, etc.

as for orp controller, u can check out the milwaukee instruments SMS510 or SMS 125.

Austin's Birthday

.png

• SRC Member

if u r talking abt the built in controller, e.g. Red Sea Aquazone Plus; it does really pose a problem. the flaw is that the controller cannot be calibrated, there is simply no such function with the Red Sea unit.

good news is the Aquazone Plus unit that i've got is already abt 1.5yrs old with the same old original probe (i am the 2nd owner). juz calibrated the probe a couple of wks back with 475mV calibration solution. the resulting reading from the calibration is 468mV. a deviation of only 7mV. not too bad for a unit/probe that's 1.5 yr old. but i can't say the same for RAV-65, results varies.

if u r gonna connect the ozoniser to ur skimmer intake, do make sure ur skimmer, airline, etc r made of ozoneproof material. use carbon to remove excess ozone, etc.

as for orp controller, u can check out the milwaukee instruments SMS510 or SMS 125.

Thanks bro. Most probably will go for a separate ORP controller. Will note the ozoneproof thingy for the skimmer. ;)

Milwaukee ORP get from where ah?

Thanks bro. Most probably will go for a separate ORP controller. Will note the ozoneproof thingy for the skimmer. ;)

Milwaukee ORP get from where ah?

SL Tower or overseas order from online shops.

Austin's Birthday

.png

Opps! Hope I didn't send the wrong message...

I'm not saying the ORP Monitor/controller probe is no good, I just find it pretty troublesome having to clean the probe so regularly... Coz my experience is that when I run 50mg/hr 24/7, the ORP hovers around 350mV and as time goes by, it slowly increases to 380mV, den close to maybe 400mV... when I take the probe out to clean, and test it with the calibration solution, the reading is okay, but back in the tank, it goes back to 350mV.

Meaning, with my ozonizer at full blast 24/7, the tank's ORP never got above 400mV, hence I find no point having the ORP monitor/controller.

BUT the truth is that I'm trying to get a monitor/controller now as I just wanna play safe for the sake of all my corals and fish and hardwork I put into my tank... :P

post-34-1105890976.jpg

Just in case anyone wonders, the neoprene tubes ( ozonesafe tubes ) can be bought at Sealife or Petmart... :P

post-34-1105890976.jpg

RAV, what do you feed on ur elegance?? cyclopse??

Hallo bro...

Used to feed my elegance with prawn meat, but now the coral is no longer with me... :cry2:

I dunno how many people have success with elegance corals, but apparently, the coral can suddenly die for no reason, after trying 3 times, I stopped....

But maybe one day if I find a nice specimen, I might try again... :

post-34-1105890976.jpg

• SRC Member

Hallo bro...

Used to feed my elegance with prawn meat, but now the coral is no longer with me... :cry2:

I dunno how many people have success with elegance corals, but apparently, the coral can suddenly die for no reason, after trying 3 times, I stopped....

But maybe one day if I find a nice specimen, I might try again... :

how? putting it into it's mouth??

how? putting it into it's mouth??

Bro,

if the elegance is healthy, it should expand pretty big, cut a piece of prawn meat about 1cmx1cmx1cm or smaller and place it on its mouth, the elegance should close up and soon start to swallow the meat... :P

post-34-1105890976.jpg

• SRC Member

Bro,

if the elegance is healthy, it should expand pretty big, cut a piece of prawn meat about 1cmx1cmx1cm or smaller and place it on its mouth, the elegance should close up and soon start to swallow the meat... :P

but mine one not open very big. the first day i bought, open very widely, 50% more wide that it skeleton. the next 3 days, begin to close up when my damsel go there disturb it. now not open very wide, but still open lar. how about cyclopz or dry shirmp(can)? i think cyclopz will be more good cause i'm not singapore, i'm in malaysia, KL, not so many equipment avaiable compare from ur there.

but mine one not open very big. the first day i bought, open very widely, 50% more wide that it skeleton. the next 3 days, begin to close up when my damsel go there disturb it. now not open very wide, but still open lar. how about cyclopz or dry shirmp(can)? i think cyclopz will be more good cause i'm not singapore, i'm in malaysia, KL, not so many equipment avaiable compare from ur there.

Bro,

the coral is stressed, make sure the damsel dun disturb it anymore... If it dies, try tio remove it...

Also, important is the current, it should be moderate current, enought to make its tentacles sway around...

Prawn meat still the best, cyclopeeze is too small for a coral that size, and you probably have to flood the water column which will compromise the water condition... dried prawn you can try, some LPS eats dry stuff! :P

Bro, drive to Singapore and get some good equipment back lah, gives u an advantage in reef keeping and makes ur life easier also... :P

post-34-1105890976.jpg