My 3 Ft Tank After 3 Months

Melvyn Tan

• SRC Member

hi terryansimon (nice name) - well since we are all hobbyist, we should all learn from one another....can learn alot from one another you know? (like who knows their stuff and who not).

Been through roidan's pages....it really reminds me when i was hifi-ing around previously.....lotsa upgrades here and there, tweaking here and there to get that DIFFERENCE (hope in Marine Aquarium - it'll not be the same, ie. laws of diminishing returns)...but i must say, his is a wonderful system ! but a bit too pricey (i guess) good for the LFS but not our pockets.

My Beautiful ANGEL - Matsushima Nanako

Equipment List for 4x2x2 Tank & 3x1.5x1.5 Sump

Hagen 802 x 2, Tunze 6060, Arcadia T5 (54W x 8), Eheim 1260 (return) Eheim 1250 (Chiller), Aquabee 300 x 2 (Feed)

H&S 150-F2001 (850l Skimmer), H&S A110-F2000 (400l Skimmer), H&S 110-F1000 (1000l Sulphur/Nitrate Filter), H&S 150-F2000IA (800l Calcium Reactor)

Coralife 3X (UV Steriliser), I-Aquatic IF 312 (Fluidised Reactor), Kent Kalk Delivery, Resun CL650, Pinpoint ORP & PH Meters & Wireless Thermometer

4x2x2 Tank Thread

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

o ya and talking about skimmer...

yes there is prove in the past can go without skimmer...

but now it also proven that skimmer help alot.. as we all know no matter how we filter our water.. there r some micro stuff in the water that can be filter and that can only be done by the skimmer.. that's why skimmer is working just base on bubble only...

but do note also that there r still adv and disadv (the disadv is those good micro stuff is also been filter out too) on skimmer.. I did read once in the past about when to open skimmer and when to off it... but then hardly anyone or I think none of the ppls here do it...

• SRC Member

Thats the prob...in all bad things there are some good things...in all good things there are something bad in it...just like the skimming - u said it rightly alanseah.

Hagen 802 x 2, Tunze 6060, Arcadia T5 (54W x 8), Eheim 1260 (return) Eheim 1250 (Chiller), Aquabee 300 x 2 (Feed)

H&S 150-F2001 (850l Skimmer), H&S A110-F2000 (400l Skimmer), H&S 110-F1000 (1000l Sulphur/Nitrate Filter), H&S 150-F2000IA (800l Calcium Reactor)

Coralife 3X (UV Steriliser), I-Aquatic IF 312 (Fluidised Reactor), Kent Kalk Delivery, Resun CL650, Pinpoint ORP & PH Meters & Wireless Thermometer

4x2x2 Tank Thread

• Sponsor
with all due respects to mike,

choosing a skimmer is not abt measuring the cost only. there's a reason why H&S or EuroReef skimmers are that costly. They are indeed efficient skimmers, well built and performs well.

i'm sure mike is taking your budget into consideration but my advice is not to skim (no pun intended) on a skimmer. not sure abt others but it is VERY important in my opinion. choose with care to avoid unnecessary upgrades in future.

cheers

I agree with you that cost should not be the deciding factor when choosing a skimmer... if money is no object. Cost is always a major factor for most of us whether we go out and get a H&S or a Weipro.

I for one will always go for the best I can afford. The reason I was asking him why H&S was because he was at first hesitant in even getting a skimmer and the next moment he was so adament about getting the H&S. :huh: So I thought I should at least let him know there are cheaper options that will do the job just fine for him. :)

• SRC Member

hahaha....honestly there are really alot of skimmers out there.....but of them all which are the ones that really worked? some cost a few bucks (Jesus !!) and some cheapest S$600/- !!

Skimmers help in one way or the other - but really how much it does for good (and for bad) depends on the intent of the tank. It'll be interesting to see how my minimalist tank will perform, that'll register some interesting points after some months (hope my tank won't crash or die or have algae outbreak like some postulated - and they shall have the last laughs !!!).

Like i said - its wonderful to learn from one another.

4x2x2 Tank Thread

hi terryansimon (nice name) - well since we are all hobbyist, we should all learn from one another....can learn alot from one another you know? (like who knows their stuff and who not).

Been through roidan's pages....it really reminds me when i was hifi-ing around previously.....lotsa upgrades here and there, tweaking here and there to get that DIFFERENCE (hope in Marine Aquarium - it'll not be the same, ie. laws of diminishing returns)...but i must say, his is a wonderful system ! but a bit too pricey (i guess) good for the LFS but not our pockets.

no no. just saying that because some people can't take criticism. (=

• SRC Member

Well....there are always some who can take criticisms and some not.

4x2x2 Tank Thread

• SRC Member

Hmmm...

4x2x2 Tank Thread