Complete Newbie require help with Tank Equipment

For skimmer, if you have a bigger budget can go for deltec because of the powerful and quiet pump otherwise a skimz skimmer is more than enough.

Sent from Singapore Reef Club mobile app

I went back and did a check on Deltec Skimmers and found 2 likely to be compatible

Deltec Skimmer SC 1350

- 450 l/hr airflow

- suitable for aquariums up to 500L

(Does this include the water in the sump? Or should we only focus on the vol in the DT?)

- High stocking 300L

- Normal stocking 500L

Am quite confused with this. Does it mean this particular product is most effective on tank up to 300L and at 500L, my tank is only getting its minimum required level of cleaning?

If that's the case, how about choosing the

Deltec Skimmer SC 1455,

- 600 l/hr of airflow (vol of air mixed w water in an hr???)

- Suitable for aquariums up to 1000L (is this too huge for my tank??)

Tank : 432 L

Sump : ???

High stocking : 800L

Normal stocking : 1000L

If what I mentioned above is true, will this skimmer get rid of too much in my tank and prove to be more of a disaster than benefit? Or will you rec to go with the SC 1455?

As for most LED(Ai and Radions) each channel has a different percentage. So you can choose to set blue at 100% and white at 40%, vice versa. This is an example of my AI settings ed2b07d94b99f868c699f833b3fbec5e.png

Morning bro, what light eq are you using? I'm thinking of using Kessil 360W and they only have a knob for intensity and spectral tuning. Does this mean the blue & white are in the same channel? Therefore, if I were to turn the knob up on the blue and increase it to 80%, my white will drop to 20% ?

Description : The A360 features Kessil's new proprietary Kessil Logic, a unique form of spectral intelligence developed for precise color blending and optimal coral growth. In this new design, instead of varying the light intensity of two different channels to find the desired color and intensity mix, users can select the perfect spectrum and color with one knob and then adjust the intensity with the other. Kessil Logic will not only dramatically improve the user experience, it will also boost the light output at both ends of the spectral tuning range by as much as 30%.

P.S Corals aside, does turning the intensity to 100% heats up, damages, and destroy the eq at a faster rate?

• SRC Member
Morning bro, what light eq are you using? I'm thinking of using Kessil 360W and they only have a knob for intensity and spectral tuning. Does this mean the blue & white are in the same channel? Therefore, if I were to turn the knob up on the blue and increase it to 80%, my white will drop to 20% ?

Description : The A360 features Kessil's new proprietary Kessil Logic, a unique form of spectral intelligence developed for precise color blending and optimal coral growth. In this new design, instead of varying the light intensity of two different channels to find the desired color and intensity mix, users can select the perfect spectrum and color with one knob and then adjust the intensity with the other. Kessil Logic will not only dramatically improve the user experience, it will also boost the light output at both ends of the spectral tuning range by as much as 30%.

P.S Corals aside, does turning the intensity to 100% heats up, damages, and destroy the eq at a faster rate?

I'm using the hydra26hd, but just upgraded to the radion xr30 pro which also has the same features. My tank is a 2ft cube and I'm using the Deltec sc1456(dc pump), I would recommend you to get the Deltec 1455 instead of 1350. An overkill is always better!

Set a budget, go to one of the LFS and let them set up everything. Diying will almost always end with disapointment and disaster. An initial setup by experienced people will point u in the right path so u can slowly fine tune your interest.

Good luck.

Set a budget, go to one of the LFS and let them set up everything. Diying will almost always end with disapointment and disaster. An initial setup by experienced people will point u in the right path so u can slowly fine tune your interest.

Good luck.

Thanks! Had several quotations given by a few stores. Definitely not cheap tho some are reasonable.