tubby, Kalk Re. & Florida Rics for sale

DeepBlue

Oooops..paisay..duno what I was saying..think not getting enuff sleep..slept at 5.15 am yesterday..what I was saying was that I was considering the chiller....not the Ca reactor... :rolleyes:

Always something more important than fish.

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/03/08/sps-pico-reef/

• Sponsor

There are many people out there who use one or the other. But IMO, they compliment each other when use together.

Like all equipment you must know what they can achieve positively or negatively. For example, calcium hydroxide does not dissolve easily and IME, most people simply just pour in the milky liquid which is harmful to corals. Also, calcium hydroxide are harmful to your personal health when inhaled.

As for the calcium reactor, it is more expensive to operate because you'd need a CO2 cylinder, a solenoid regulator and preferbly a pH controller to prevent from injecting too much CO2 which will depress pH.

IMO, both this equipment have their own pros and cons. Therefore, deciding which to use is a personal choice. As for me, I use both and they are controlled by an IKS aquarium computer.

ps. I think we're going way :off: here.