Nooblenny Noobie Reef

Nooblenny

• 3 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

Been busy this month and the tank a bit neglected.

Anyway, just saw Reefing Reality's video that featured my noob tank in Aquaforest FB.

aquaforest-video.jpg

Although my tank is nothing compared to the other amazing tanks in this beautifully shot video. :bow:

Watch full video here:
https://web.facebook.com/Aquaforest/posts/1257026254341165

Not affiliated to Aquaforest or Reefing Reality...Just another satisfied customer. ^_^

• 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Member
On 10/12/2016 at 10:29 PM, Nooblenny said:

I'm using Tunze 9001 skimmer.

Thanks for the compliment, but I have never checked my NO3 & PO4 until now. At least not yet, planning to get the kits. :)

20161012_182640-01.jpeg

Here are all the stuff I'm using. 

The Coral A, B, E, F, V, Kalium, Coral Food & Pro Bio F are dosed once every 3 days.

20% water change using tap water with Probiotic Salt weekly at SG 1.025.

Phosphate Minus & Carbon in the canister filter.

Nooblenny, 

I have a question how often do you change your media in your canister.

Oh I also just started my marine check my out.

Do you think i should exchange my Mag+,KH+ and Ca+  (to probiotic salt?)

• SRC Member
16 hours ago, Ashtrax said:

Nooblenny, 

I have a question how often do you change your media in your canister.

Oh I also just started my marine check my out.

Do you think i should exchange my Mag+,KH+ and Ca+  (to probiotic salt?)

Hi Ashtrax, I usually change the carbon & phosphate minus in canister once every 2 mths.

I think you can start with non-probiotic Reef Salt & dose Pro Bio S & NP Pro. The Probiotic Salt in my experience is most effective only after water change. So if you neglect your water change then the nutrient will slowly creep up. Dosing Pro Bio S & NP Pro can be more consistent in keeping your nutrient level low.

I myself will be changing to AF Reef Salt after my probiotic salt is finished. 

As for Mag+, KH+ & CA+, yeah I do not think you need them yet, until you have a large population of SPS. Just frequent water change is good enough for now.

• SRC Member
14 minutes ago, Nooblenny said:

Hi Ashtrax, I usually change the carbon & phosphate minus in canister once every 2 mths.

I think you can start with non-probiotic Reef Salt & dose Pro Bio S & NP Pro. The Probiotic Salt in my experience is most effective only after water change. So if you neglect your water change then the nutrient will slowly creep up. Dosing Pro Bio S & NP Pro can be more consistent in keeping your nutrient level low.

I myself will be changing to AF Reef Salt after my probiotic salt is finished. 

As for Mag+, KH+ & CA+, yeah I do not think you need them yet, until you have a large population of SPS. Just frequent water change is good enough for now.

Hello there, Once every two months, each time how many grams you place?

OK I will take note, my load currently is not high using WC i guess would be sufficient.

Do you dose MAG,CAL,KH plus since your load is pretty high?

Will consider Pro bio S and NP Pro to keep Phosphate and Nitrate in check.

• SRC Member
3 hours ago, Ashtrax said:

Hello there, Once every two months, each time how many grams you place?

OK I will take note, my load currently is not high using WC i guess would be sufficient.

Do you dose MAG,CAL,KH plus since your load is pretty high?

Will consider Pro bio S and NP Pro to keep Phosphate and Nitrate in check.

I don't really check, normally just roughly to cover the diameter of my canister filter so the water will flow through all the media. 

Actually my SPS load still very low since those are still small frags, so I don't dose Mg, Cal etc. Just bi-weekly water change is enough for now.

• SRC Member
On 12/11/2016 at 9:46 PM, Nooblenny said:

I don't really check, normally just roughly to cover the diameter of my canister filter so the water will flow through all the media. 

Actually my SPS load still very low since those are still small frags, so I don't dose Mg, Cal etc. Just bi-weekly water change is enough for now.

For your media PO4 minus and Carbon you put them in netting together with media ??

Currently I have problem mixing the salt to my require salinity.\

Do you use a refractormeter to test your salinity?

Any tips to mix salt faster?

• SRC Member
8 hours ago, Ashtrax said:

For your media PO4 minus and Carbon you put them in netting together with media ??

Currently I have problem mixing the salt to my require salinity.\

Do you use a refractormeter to test your salinity?

Any tips to mix salt faster?

Po4 minus & carbon in individual bag each. 

Actually the salt mixes very fast. I usually use hand to stir for about 1 min in the bucket. Then wait a few minutes for water to clear & ready to use. If i'm not in a hurry, i will put a pump to aerate & mixes everything throughly for 1 hour.

Yes, always use refractometer. Its very easy & accurate. After changing a few times you know how many cups to put in the bucket & get the desired salinity everytime.

Hi Nooblenny, you have a beautiful tank. Congrats!!

Can take a photo from the top of the tank? I am planning to have a 24" x 15" x 15" saltwater tank with just an IOS.

Would appreciate if anyone could advise on planning for an effective filtration system with IOS setup.

Thanks!! :rolleyes: 

• 11 months later...