Want to try marine think 30cm cube tank.

^RaCe

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member
14 hours ago, ^RaCe said:

I've actually told everyone that i'm fascinated with nanos and picos but most don't seem to get it. I actually came back to fish keeping because of the availability of so much miniature equipments!

The tank was actually fully rested on the cabinet but because of the ato bracket. Its hanging a bit out. But i wouldn't worry about a 10l tank.emoji16.png

Sent from Singapore Reef Club mobile app

Ops don't forget the weight of the hanging filter OK?

Just find that you are stressing that particular part :) stressing it everyday may not be a good thing :)

Pico tank are challenging at least when we step into the fish shop we think real hard what to keep. Cause we have limited space. HEEHEHE.

Lastly due to our house getting smaller and smaller pico tank is the only green light from our CFO.

Pico tank are challenging at least when we step into the fish shop we think real hard what to keep. Cause we have limited space. HEEHEHE.

Lastly due to our house getting smaller and smaller pico tank is the only green light from our CFO.

There's actually nothing much to buy from shops. Most colonies are too big for a pico.

Easier to get green light is not the biggest advantage. The biggest advantage is you can have a pico just about any corner of your place. 1 for the computer table, 1 for the tv console, 1 on the shoe rack, and 1 infront of the toilet bowl! Hahaha!

• SRC Member
23 hours ago, ^RaCe said:

There's actually nothing much to buy from shops. Most colonies are too big for a pico.

Easier to get green light is not the biggest advantage. The biggest advantage is you can have a pico just about any corner of your place. 1 for the computer table, 1 for the tv console, 1 on the shoe rack, and 1 infront of the toilet bowl! Hahaha!

Haha hilarious... here my setup still cycling.

• SRC Member
14 minutes ago, ^RaCe said:

Need to top up twice a day

Wow bro..thats a lot n how u cope with u working yea?..ur cooling fan on 247? Water temp like?

@ 291213

Updated video: Kenyee FOWLR

http://m.youtube.com/my_videos

Wow bro..thats a lot n how u cope with u working yea?..ur cooling fan on 247? Water temp like?

Before go work refill the bottle, come back also refill lor. Yup, fan on 24 hrs. I just took at look at the pico, it 26c now. The nano seldom go below 28 unless very cold days. Too much pumps inside.

• SRC Member
3 minutes ago, ^RaCe said:

Before go work refill the bottle, come back also refill lor. Yup, fan on 24 hrs. I just took at look at the pico, it 26c now. The nano seldom go below 28 unless very cold days. Too much pumps inside.

Bro I suggest to upsize the bottle like mine plus diy a plastic cover with holes for ur tank..with gaps n holes for the fan wind to escape, it wont get cooked inside like u said yea :) 

@ 291213

Bro I suggest to upsize the bottle like mine plus diy a plastic cover with holes for ur tank..with gaps n holes for the fan wind to escape, it wont get cooked inside like u said yea  

With cover, have less evaporation, will have less cooling. If cannot keep up with the bottles, then will get a proper ato.

• SRC Member
20 minutes ago, ^RaCe said:

With cover, have less evaporation, will have less cooling. If cannot keep up with the bottles, then will get a proper ato.emoji6.png

With cover n less evaporation doesnt mean less cooling..with holes n gaps there is still ventilation yea..ur that $18 ATO is 1.5L bottle now?

@ 291213

With cover n less evaporation doesnt mean less cooling..with holes n gaps there is still ventilation yea..ur that $18 ATO is 1.5L bottle now?

Yup. By right is up to 1l. By left i don't want to try. Hahaha

Anyway the bottle ato is like a trial to see how stable i can keep the water level. May change to proper ato or even chiller.

• SRC Member
5 minutes ago, ^RaCe said:

Yup. By right is up to 1l. By left i don't want to try. Hahaha

Anyway the bottle ato is like a trial to see how stable i can keep the water level. May change to proper ato or even chiller.

So now the bottle u r using is not 1.5L la? Haha

If u have read another reefer thread, his evaporation rate is quite high too given he is using chiller..1.5 to 3L weekly I had asked..

@ 291213

• SRC Member
1 minute ago, ^RaCe said:

Yah. I did see. Much better than mine currently 2 days 1.5l, for 1 tank. Hahaha

Ok bro..hope u can solve this issue yea.. :)

U shd try cover yea..prevent fish from jumping out too..

@ 291213