Can i keep copperband butterfly or any tang?

CPperson

Hi can I keep a copperband butterfly, Yelloe tang or sailfin tang in my aquarium? My tank size is 60x35x33cm. Tankmates are 1 Sailfin molly, 2x PJ cardinal, 1x lawnmower blenny, 1x yellow watchman goby, 1x glass cleaner shrimp, 1x donald duck shrimp, 1x pencil urchin, 1x sea cucumber, 1x porcelain crab,1x banded serpent star, 1x nassarius snail and 4 dwarf tip hermits. Mix soft and lps corals with 1 sps. Thanks!

Sent from my LG-H650 using Tapatalk

Copperband is one of the harder ones to keep. I find tangs easier.

That said your tank is a bit small for a tang.

Just my 2 cents.

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

So can a copperband fit in my tank?

• SRC Member

I would say yes with caution, in that it would fit a small sized copperband, best if u are prepared to spend effort in getting it to eat. It will also help if none of your fishes are currently fighting ich, as new Copperbands catch on ich pretty quickly in a new environment due especially if it is not eating. Survivability of copperband in captive environment varies from 1 week to 1 year so be prepared.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would say yes with caution, in that it would fit a small sized copperband, best if u are prepared to spend effort in getting it to eat. It will also help if none of your fishes are currently fighting ich, as new Copperbands catch on ich pretty quickly in a new environment due especially if it is not eating. Survivability of copperband in captive environment varies from 1 week to 1 year so be prepared.

I am prepared to use different ways to feed. My tank has not suffered any ich issues. Thanks for your advice :).

I am prepared to use different ways to feed. My tank has not suffered any ich issues. Thanks for your advice :).

If your tank is well established with presence of natural tiny pods. Then i guess you can give it a try. But it'll be best if you can train it to eat chop up mysis or other fishfood.

Its the same problem with Mandarins. If you don't have the environment to cultivate enough live pods for it to eat, it will stay alive initially while live food is available and slowly starve to death once it runs out.

If your tank is well established with presence of natural tiny pods. Then i guess you can give it a try. But it'll be best if you can train it to eat chop up mysis or other fishfood.

Its the same problem with Mandarins. If you don't have the environment to cultivate enough live pods for it to eat, it will stay alive initially while live food is available and slowly starve to death once it runs out.

Yep i got a healthy small copperband. Already trying tubifex. Will get some frozen mysis for it.

Getting a healthy young juvenile copperband , around one inch or smaller , is a good way to increase its chances of survival. But, only if your tank has plenty of tiny bugs for it to eat. Then u can see it grow ! Hopefully, it will follow the other inhabitants and accept alternative food as time passes.