Wrasse suicide

TTBoy

• SRC Member

Anyone had this experience before? My flasher wrasse jumped out of my tank this morning and was flipping on the floor for a while before i cld get it back into the tank. But i dont think it manage to survive after the initial impact. And then just discovered another red/white wrasse lying on the floor. Must have jumped out of the tank also. WHats wrong with them??!

:cry:

• SRC Member

The tale of wrasses as narrated by Yazid

Coris, a beautiful red color wrasse who spends most of the time in the sand. She has a very strong personality.

Then came Green and Yellow wrasse. 2 luminous wrasse that was beautiful at first sight. They were happily swimming during the day and hide in the sand at night.

I adopted Lyretail after his owner decided to give up the hobby.

Lyretail looks like a commando with his camouflage face. He spends most of the time swimming around and never afraid of anything.

He decided to pick on Yellow. Yellow could not take the pressure and decide to jump out of the tank. And there were 3.

Green was so afraid and decided not to come out of the sand. Last heard was that due to the excessive digging, a rock fall on it.

And there were 2.

Coris the braver of the 3 decided to confront Lyretail. A fight broke out and continue for a few days.

At some point Coris look like one who will be the last fish standing.

But Lyretail was too strong. Coris was badly beaten until she no could move her fin. It was a tragic end for the beautiful Coris.

Lyretail is now under the "Wanted List". Wanted dead or alive.

• SRC Member
Anyone had this experience before? My flasher wrasse jumped out of my tank this morning and was flipping on the floor for a while before i cld get it back into the tank. But i dont think it manage to survive after the initial impact. And then just discovered another red/white wrasse lying on the floor. Must have jumped out of the tank also. WHats wrong with them??!

:cry:

Maybe they dunn like their new houses? Trying to get your attention??

:P

• SRC Member

No No No.

Titanic..you jump I jump!! :unsure:

TTBoy> Read somewhere fish get frightened when lights get turned on suddenly..possible? Just throwing up some ideas..

Am sorry to hear about your crisis.. :cry:

Yazid> Hey..what happened to lyretail then? Is he still around? Sounds damn garang this guy..

• SRC Member
No No No.

Titanic..you jump I jump!! :unsure:

TTBoy> Read somewhere fish get frightened when lights get turned on suddenly..possible? Just throwing up some ideas..

Am sorry to hear about your crisis.. :cry:

Yazid> Hey..what happened to lyretail then? Is he still around? Sounds damn garang this guy..

Lyretail is still in the tank. I'm sending a Terminator soon.

Anybody with FO tank wants to adopt this wrasse?

• SRC Member

hmm..maroon clown huh..I just got myself a maroon clown and an itty bitty ocelarris clown (about 1cm). I hear some really bad stuff about maroon clowns so am hoping my future additions can get along..

TTBoy> Does your maroon actually attack your hand? Mine seems quite curious about my hand..he doesn't swim away when I put my hand in..rather he hangs nearby, almost as if he's checking me out. How large is your maroon can I ask?

• SRC Member

My maroon used to small and cute but now its abt abt 1 - 1 1/2 inch. It nearly died abt 1 yr ago but was nursed back to health. What an ungrateful fish :(

whenever i place any corals near his "home" it will rearrange it by topping it over. Clams, SPS, elegant, etc...anything not secured.

Whenever my hand is near, he will suddenly strike. Very annoying. :angry:

• SRC Member

oh NO... :shock: ..I have a small itty bitty ocellaris clown TOO!! With a 1in maroon..

So far the maroon just swims close enough to scare the ocellaris..but o/w the ocellaris' fins and tail looks intact..I think my maroon has been sparring with my blue-gold damsel, he's got a torn fin or two..*sigh*..

Thinking maybe next time if want to keep other fish might have to look for a new home for these two already..