Roidan's Reef (II)

roidan

yeah hor...then can set up frag exchange meetings like they do in the states...

but see how lah....feel like getting rid of the clam tank and put a 2x2x2 cube in there with sps ...no fishes....no need skimmer also....static sps reef...lol

even if put some small gobies, can just use a small skimmer like aquaC remora hang inside the tank, no need sump. hmmmm..idea..

somemore can also put my clams in there, it's boring just seeing a lifeless clam tank day in day out, might as well make it a lifeless clam ###### sps tank :lol:

hon, selling any of your 250W geisemann pendants or not? or can change with my 150W giesemann? haha... :P

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member
hon, selling any of your 250W geisemann pendants or not? or can change with my 150W giesemann? haha... :P

hey bro.... over my dead body :P

AP: yeah lor....

but many problems...how to cool the independently run tank, means have to run another chiller ah...sian leh..no space to put another chiller..haha

never mind lah..wait i say say only....

i so lazy till i cannot bring myself to change water since start of the tank, let alone do a minor overhaul to the system :lol:

• SRC Member
AP: yeah lor....

but many problems...how to cool the independently run tank, means have to run another chiller ah...sian leh..no space to put another chiller..haha

never mind lah..wait i say say only....

i so lazy till i cannot bring myself to change water since start of the tank, let alone do a minor overhaul to the system :lol:

Bro Roidan , I help you lah then can blanga satay at your nearest kopi-tiam..... :lol:

why don't you run a simple piping from your main tank through the clam tank and then back.....so you can share both the skimmer in there as well as the chiller. Your clam tank not using chiller meh?....... :blink: Can tahan the 150w MH ah?

I tell you once you change to SPS with clams ah....very swee leh won't regret!

Nobody do that before so better start.....I first one approve...he...he....so when shipment of SPS come ah.....you inform me lah because I very , very slow coach..he...he

aiya...now it is piped this way already lah...

if not how to tahan the MH above, somemore it will be foolish to have so many clams and yet not harness their ability to process some waste from the water....of coz pipe together with my main system lor :lol:

if i can overcome my laziness to do a 2ft cube sps/clam tank, then i will run it independently as i will put little fishes inside or no fishes...even run it skimmerless, or maybe just a remora pro...to hang beside the tank...

yawn.....the more i see the clams the more i get bored, time to move on :D

even sps doesn't excite me really, except that it is something new that i should try....haha..

i think the gem tang is the only thing that can make my heart skip a beat now :lol:

seems like roidan get stuck by SPS fever already.... yeah... another guy to exchange frags heheheh.

Can cheong LFS to grab SPS. Tee tee... tee teee... "new shipment at 2am, let's go cheong and grab everything".

not really genna sps fever leh...

coz i always prefer dynamics, beauty in movement and motion....

the static beauty of SPS or clams are something different...but not a bad idea having an sps/clam reef beside my 6fter...one side got static beauty....the other is beauty in motion with all the moving lps, soft corals and fishes....

2 contrasting styles..beside each other..should be quite nice :D

I agree, it's difficult. See my tank, left side LPS + anemone & clownfish.

The swaying movement of the LPS is shiok to see and the clownfish rubbing with the anemone is shiok too.

Right side SPS, slowly see them color up, slowly see the growth week by week. Wow difficult choice if I had to choose one.

Heng I got a 2ft cube on standby, still don't know what to do.

Oh yes at night nothing to do can go hunt for crab. I just speared one to death last night :P

wow...bro, u selling your clam, :yeah:

can i be the first in the queue :yeah:  :yeah:

haha...

like i said, may not end up doing it also lah....

but my clams already got booking liao if i ever want to sell...

someone i know making an outdoor 4x3x1(height) clam tank for clams, think all my clams can dump wholesale to him :lol:

yeah lor weileong,

both got their beautiful aspects, it's hard to go major lps or major sps without chemical warfare, even with a mega skimmer...

i am not a diver, but issit true that in sps reefs, there are few LPS/softies around and vice versa? tat's what i read somewhere, and some reef masters encourage doing them in both independent systems if really wanna appreciate the beauty of each kind

but most reefers will try to put everything in one tank, to save space, money, time and effort lor..hehe

it's nice also lah, mixed reef...but it's hard to go one direction without compromising the other... :)

• SRC Member

haha...

like i said, may not end up doing it also lah....

but my clams already got booking liao if i ever want to sell...

someone i know making an outdoor 4x3x1(height) clam tank for clams, think all my clams can dump wholesale to him :lol:

:(:(

• SRC Member

don't think will add another tank on my end.....too much work with this big one already..... so thats why decided to go for mix reef rather then a separate species tank......more money , more work....... :whistle

why do another separate tank when you can have all the beauty in one..... :lol:

just like having one girlfriend instead of many which gives you a headache..... :lol:

u better dun add anymore tanks to the balcony, dun push your luck on the structure too far... :P

yeah lor...mixed reef are nice mah...

but hard to balance the load of my fishes with the low bioload requirements of sps even with those CF tower skimmers...hehe

but like i said, maybe just say say only lah,

in the end maybe also save the trouble do mix reef lor...

like you mah, say one year wait also you, say can't tahan liao also you... :P

so follow you lor...

"i will follow you...

follow you wherever you may go..." haha..

reminds me of jackie chan singing that song in a movie :lol::off:

huh???....vultures...no lah...I am more proactive...and takes initiative....already sticking my hand into the tank and grabbing liaoz

seriously....dun plan to keep anymore clams...thinking of selling most of my clams soon....more LPS and SPS :lol:

• SRC Member
u better dun add anymore tanks to the balcony, dun push your luck on the structure too far... :P

yeah lor...mixed reef are nice mah...

but hard to balance the load of my fishes with the low bioload requirements of sps even with those CF tower skimmers...hehe

but like i said, maybe just say say only lah,

in the end maybe also save the trouble do mix reef lor...

like you mah, say one year wait also you, say can't tahan liao also you... :P

so follow you lor...

"i will follow you...

follow you wherever you may go..." haha..

reminds me of jackie chan singing that song in a movie :lol::off:

he...he....no lah won't add anything in the balcaony area ..... no place already there.

"I will follow you" from Sister Act the movie lah....he...he

I will follow you....follow you where ever you may go....no oceans too deep....except the Mariana Trench....... :lol:

Bro Roidan go for mix reef and reduce your number of fishes will be fantastic I tell you. Put your fishes into the cube so the bioload and water changes would be more easily controlled over there.