Bio Load of Inverts

PaulPaul01

• SRC Member

I guess it will be good if you put 1 or 2 and observe whether they are suitable or not instead putting all at a go...

invertebrate are quite sensitive to water parm...

this also can save your money incase your tank is not ready yet...

• SRC Member
I guess it will be good if you put 1 or 2 and observe whether they are suitable or not instead putting all at a go...
invertebrate are quite sensitive to water parm...
this also can save your money incase your tank is not ready yet...
Thank you:)

Sent from Singapore Reef Club mobile app

• SRC Member
2 hours ago, thisissoleceh said:

I would say they wont produce so much as compared to fishes like tangs. It would also depend on how much they eat.

Adding shrimps or snails wont have a big effect on your Bio Load. Unless u add in dozens and dozens of them. Just my opinion.

Thanks I'll keep that in mind:)

• 2 weeks later...

Generally, you don’t have to worry about bio load when you add something to your tank, and this is assuming your tank has been fully cycled and loaded with anaerobic bacteria.

Think of the inverts as small little bombs. Their waste material is considered negligible in a 30g. The bigger the tank, the more negligible. The only time you have to worry about bio load is when these little “bombs” explode. By that, I mean when they die. Inverts like small hermit crabs are good for tanks, but the thing is a lot of people place them in their main display tank and these things don’t have a long lifespan. The main reason is that hermits tend to come out of their shell when they grow too big and unable to find a bigger shell, this is when they die off, and when it’s inside the display tank, there’ll be a lot of trouble taking them out of tank.

If you want to put inverts, I’d suggest you to place them in the sump or refugium for easy removal.

But back to your question, inverts produce less waste than fishes due to the massive difference in the quantity of intake of food.

• SRC Member
Generally, you don’t have to worry about bio load when you add something to your tank, and this is assuming your tank has been fully cycled and loaded with anaerobic bacteria.

Think of the inverts as small little bombs. Their waste material is considered negligible in a 30g. The bigger the tank, the more negligible. The only time you have to worry about bio load is when these little “bombs” explode. By that, I mean when they die. Inverts like small hermit crabs are good for tanks, but the thing is a lot of people place them in their main display tank and these things don’t have a long lifespan. The main reason is that hermits tend to come out of their shell when they grow too big and unable to find a bigger shell, this is when they die off, and when it’s inside the display tank, there’ll be a lot of trouble taking them out of tank.

If you want to put inverts, I’d suggest you to place them in the sump or refugium for easy removal.

But back to your question, inverts produce less waste than fishes due to the massive difference in the quantity of intake of food.

Ah I see, thank you for the great info:) Currently upgrading to a 4ft now, so adding them shouldn't be too problematic. Thank you:)