How frequent do you change your PL

tigershark

if a PL tube is turn on 24/7, how frequently do you change it?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. if a PL tube is turn on 24/7, how frequently do you change it?

• 1) every 1month ~3 months
    • 2) every 3 months ~ 6 months
    • 3) every 3 months ~9 months
    • 4) every 9 months ~12 months
    • 5) every 12 months ~15 months
    • 6) every 15 months ~18 months
    • 7) every 18 months ~21 months
    • 8) every 21 months ~24 months.

• SRC Member

I'm turning on my 36W, 6000K OSRAMPL 24/7 for my refugium. been runing it for 3 months. The macro algea was growing like mad at first and i have to trim it every 2 weeks. Recently, my macro algea gone assexual and the quantity of macro algea was reduce tremendiously. At the same time, macro algea growing in my main tank and my tank is almost turning into 1/3 marine planted tank.... I'm wondering it is the sign for me to change my tube for my refugium??

• SRC Member

respond seems to be very poor.... anyway, can some1 correct me if i'm wrong? Since the light at my refugium is turned on 24/7. The lifespand of the PL tubes should be only 1/2 of what the rest of the PL tubes which is turned on for 12 hrs/day? Usually, i change my PL tubes every 9 months, so the my PL tubes at sump should be change every 4.5 months?

• SRC Member
havent changed mine in a long time.. >1yr liao I think but algae still triving... u might want to check ur water...

Or maybe it's just the macro algae... somehow just go crazy for no reason

hmm.... these bloody.... they justcant grow at where we wanted them to be... in sump turning on light24/7 they cannot surving, but in my main tank.. they are growning like mad! Now, even my sandbed start to grow with macroalgea....

• SRC Member

Had trouble with macro algae before too... always seem to die off.. tried calpura, lettuce all died... but somehow some stray macro algae thrived over all the rest... don't even know what exactly it is... but as long as it's growing I'll just let it be...