Care for bicolour angel

• SRC Member

has any1 have success keeping a bi-colour angel. thinking of keeping one in my FOWLR. there is a scopas tang(my fav), blue tang, maroon clown and an orchid dottyback in there.

tanksize 3x2x1.5

i have read that bicolours are difficult to feed. just wanted some pointers from those hu have kept them succesfully :thanks:

• SRC Member

I kept one with me for bout 6 months until it was killed by my Maroon.. accidentally slammed it against the rock when it was bathing in the sand.. <_< anyway, it fed really well in my tank, you jus gotta make sure it has started eating in your QT before letting it into the tank cos the moment it goes in, it will jus start nibbling at your algae and rocks. Its very shy at the beginning, so there's a risk of it starving itself to death. Reef wise, never touched any of my softies of LPS, only pecked at my rocks and algae. But i guess i was pretty lucky with Bicolour... until the accident that is... ;)

• SRC Member

Hmmm...think my accident is one in a million chance that will happen again lah. Anyway, they both co-exist pretty well, bicolour and maroon, no problem. They leave each other alone. Jus make sure you keep only one bicolour, should be fine. But must make sure they eat first. ;)

Bro,

make sure your bicolour is not too small compared to the maroon clown, best to have it same size or even bigger than ur maroon clown.... keep the bicolour in a beta box in the main tank 1st to try to start it feeding before you introduce into the tank. Also, your main tank must provide places for it to hide as angels by nature needs lots of hiding place... :)

Vincent Ho

People do not plan to fail; Often they just fail to plan...

Wat I do to prevent myself from tearing my hair out... My stress remedy...

post-34-1105890976.jpg

• SRC Member
Bro,

make sure your bicolour is not too small compared to the maroon clown, best to have it same size or even bigger than ur maroon clown.... keep the bicolour in a beta box in the main tank 1st to try to start it feeding before you introduce into the tank. Also, your main tank must provide places for it to hide as angels by nature needs lots of hiding place... :)

Vincent Ho

Bro, btw wat kind of beta box you using? me jus using some lousy plastic containers with holes poked in them. Dun like those, you have any suggestions? seen some people using some really nice square plastic boxes. You referring to those? :)

• SRC Member

thanks every1 for your advice. i would rather buy a fish that is alreadi eating like the ones at CF. saw some bicolours there. aniwae the bicolour would be the last fish to add in.... mabe in a weeks time or so if i m confident enough :(

thanks every1 for ur help :thanks:

• SRC Member

I had a bi-colour angel once which I kept in a 1.5ft tank that had nothing but sand and macroalgae. It did well for about 6mths and then one day i found it dry and stiff on the floor beside the tank. A suicide victim. Maybe it was too lonely being the only fish?? :erm:

• 4 weeks later...

Bro, btw wat kind of beta box you using? me jus using some lousy plastic containers with holes poked in them. Dun like those, you have any suggestions? seen some people using some really nice square plastic boxes. You referring to those? :)

Yeah bro, go get one... it costs only about $10-14.... :)

Vincent Ho :)

People do not plan to fail; Often they just fail to plan...

Wat I do to prevent myself from tearing my hair out... My stress remedy...

post-34-1105890976.jpg

• SRC Member

Got 1 Bicolor in my main 6ft tank and initially it goes to hiding whenever someone approach the tank. But now, it no longer do that and knows when is feeding time.

Nice fish ... my OC's favorite!

aquatronica7na.gif

People Will Forget What You Said.

People Will Forget What You Did.

But People Will Never Forget,

How You Make Them Feel.

Bicolor is a 50-50 chance, i have kept one for several years and even my friend can kept pair of them for several of years, but there are also many hobbist that fail to keep this lovely fish, my guide to buy is to attempt the small one about 3-5 cm, healthy, not breath fast, do not have swollen body and the important point is the fish must pay attention to you, like he aware when you see him. Personally i don't care with the feeding fish in the LFS, because once you can get healthy fish he will eat soon in your tank, but if you get cyanide fish eventhough he eat in the LFS, but his lifespan is still short. That just my IMHO.