How to save bleached anemone?

Mickeymic

• SRC Member

Strong light and feed it meaty food. 

Silver fish works for me. 

Here is a pic of my sick/bleached carpet when my tank was having a Dino attack. (Pic 1)  Killed almost all of my acros tho.. 

After a 3 day black out and rising my light up.. 

I kept feeding meaty seafood daily for 2 weeks... And... 

It recovered!! 

Here is a picture after :) (pic 2) you can still see the centre part near its mouth is still recovering. 

(Pic 3) taken today 

Hope this helps!! 

20180929_015429.jpg

20181010_210156.jpg

IMG_20180921_230147_126.jpg

Strong light and feed it meaty food. 
Silver fish works for me. 
Here is a pic of my sick/bleached carpet when my tank was having a Dino attack. (Pic 1)  Killed almost all of my acros tho.. 
After a 3 day black out and rising my light up.. 
I kept feeding meaty seafood daily for 2 weeks... And... 

It recovered!! 
Here is a picture after (pic 2) you can still see the centre part near its mouth is still recovering. 
(Pic 3) taken today 

Hope this helps!! 

20180929_015429.thumb.jpg.b1f86b6f18ffa55eb60dff61d98b9d52.jpg
20181010_210156.thumb.jpg.775128d8371d0c79219ff82ea0a98832.jpg
IMG_20180921_230147_126.thumb.jpg.e6e40f1fdced3388721b0e96067cdfa9.jpg
WOW!! It recovered so nicely! What meaty food did u feed it? My healthy BTA seems to reject any frozen seafood that i gave them :(
Other than bleaching, anemone gets any kind of sickness?

Krill and sliverside, I feed twice a week. 
Did you off your wakemaker while feeding? If your BTA tentacles are sticky to the touch, she's in good health. Not to worry m8. 

I brought frozen seafood mix from grocery shop. It kinda dislike it. I didn't turn off wave maker.
Somehow one of my BTA is so sensitive to touch. It will just shrink quickly whenever the tentacles touches something. Give me a headache hahahah

wat anemone? bta? i suggest dont give strong light,light too strong will bleach

Sent from Singapore Reef Club mobile app

Yes BTA. Hmmm.... so which is the correct one? Strong light or not strong lighting?
Actually my problem is, My healthy BTA ain't eating at all and I have no idea why. Tried feeding oyster, shrimp and clams, ain't accepting anything.

• SRC Supporter

In general anemone need relatively high light. In the 300 - 400+ PAR range is good (this is equivalent to SPS lighting levels).

Total lighting hours also need to be factored in, else too long hours even at lower light levels can cause bleaching.

Anemone can survive in 150+ PAR range (eg sand bed) but the bubble tips won't be so nice. They will look amazing in higher light.

Other signs of a stressed anemone - wont eat, won't attach to rock or keeps moving to a dark place to hide in the dark.

• Like 2

Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/mysliceofnature/

In general anemone need relatively high light. In the 300 - 400+ PAR range is good (this is equivalent to SPS lighting levels).
Total lighting hours also need to be factored in, else too long hours even at lower light levels can cause bleaching.

Anemone can survive in 150+ PAR range (eg sand bed) but the bubble tips won't be so nice. They will look amazing in higher light.

Other signs of a stressed anemone - wont eat, won't attach to rock or keeps moving to a dark place to hide in the dark.

Wow! Thanks man, that's very specific! Hahahaha
So usually how long must the lighting go on for a day for the BTA? MY anemone is attaching to rock, stationary, but just won't eat.