reefsafe ich medication

• SRC Member

as stated on packaging...

"OCTOZIN is slow to biodegrade, therefore whilst not essential, you may decide to effect a 50% water change on the eighth day"

I just on skimmer and use activated carbon should be ok right?

Live and Let Live

i hv used both myzaxin and octozin in my reef tank b4. IMHO, myzaxin is a milder medication than octozin. yes, myzaxin will discolor ur water but not for long. both r reef safe..... and when i say reef safe, they include LS, inverts, clams, etc...... juz follow instructions on the packaging.

Waterlife products r oso readily available @ our friendly sponsor store petmart.

Verbal proof that octozin works? u can ask petmart abt their sales of octozin....... :)

juz me 2 cents.

Austin the Westie: "I may be your best friend, but you are my everything".

Lightning Strike's Back!!!

Reefkeeping Is Not My Hobby, It's My Obsession.

Austin's Birthday

.png

Yea..it really works. I'm still rather puzzled as to why it took soooo long for it to become widely available here. I waited 6-7 years...finally it has gotten its well deserved reputation.. The first place I got it from was from s*m y*ck years ago..

Always something more important than fish.

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/03/08/sps-pico-reef/

• SRC Member

well after hearing 3 succes stories.... think i should give it a try..... will corals close during this treatment???? ryz took one day to see the success.... how bout the others... im still 50/50 on this

Hi ryz,

Glad you have found an affordable way to your ich problem. :-)

Cheers,

"Reefs, like forests, will only be protected in long term if they are appreciated"
Dr. J.E.N. Veron
Australian Institute of Marine Science

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

post-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

UEN: T08SS0098F
Please visit us here: http://www.facebook....uaristSocietySG
Facebook Group: http://www.facebook....gid=34281892381

hope u guys hv good end results for octozin. for me, i dun dose any medication right now........ even when LS hv ich. I will juz feed them with garlic soaked food........ i hv a bottle of octozin for stand by though..... :) juz in case things get out of hand. :P

Austin the Westie: "I may be your best friend, but you are my everything".

Lightning Strike's Back!!!

Reefkeeping Is Not My Hobby, It's My Obsession.

Austin's Birthday

.png

• SRC Member

I have a box of myxazin sitting on my desk but decided not to use it to help sure the Ich problem. Have decided long ago to either let the fishes to fight it off themselves or they will die trying. Concentrating my efforst to improve the water quality as best as possible.

Going to install a 12x Turbo twist UV light to help eradicate the free floating parasites. This will be coupled with a water flow that is slow enuff to kill everything and anything that is coming thru the tubes. I think this will greatly help both with the parasite and also water conditions as free floating algae will be destroyed too.

Hi reefers,

Just wanted to share what I experienced yseterday night. As I have just finished QT on my hammer, I decided to rearranged my rockworks so as to accomodate it. After I have finished arranging and placed my hammer, I suddenly noticed that my flame angel and loreto is filled with white stuffs all over their body. :o

At first I thought it could be just dust particles disturb by my activities. But after a few more minutes of close observation plus the actions of the flame angel trying to rub itself on the substrate, I reluctantly have to admit that UV is not the only solutionj to ICH. :(

As I have previously kept a bottle of Aqua Medic Exodin in case of emergency, I dose the medication just as instructed 10ml per 100l. I decided to stay close to observe just to be kiasu.

After lights off, I continue to monitor in case the situation gets worse, I noticed the Flame and Loreto, who usually goes back to its repective hiding holes comes out to where the cleaner shrimps are and I am sure all of us knows what they are doing. ;)

This morning when I check, all is well. Both loreto and flame angel are free from ich and happily swimming around. :D

What I learned from this lesson is that we should not depend on a single equiptment or livestock or medicine to irradicate Ich. I believe I could not have conquered Ich on my loreto & flame overnight, if I don't have the following:

1) Good husbandry

2) QT

3) Good preventive measure i.e. UV or Ozone

4) Good livestocks i.e. Cleaners

5) Good medication just in case

"Reefs, like forests, will only be protected in long term if they are appreciated"
Dr. J.E.N. Veron

Member of:

• SRC Member
Hi reefers,

Just wanted to share what I experienced yseterday night. As I have just finished QT on my hammer, I decided to rearranged my rockworks so as to accomodate it. After I have finished arranging and placed my hammer, I suddenly noticed that my flame angel and loreto is filled with white stuffs all over their body. :o

At first I thought it could be just dust particles disturb by my activities. But after a few more minutes of close observation plus the actions of the flame angel trying to rub itself on the substrate, I reluctantly have to admit that UV is not the only solutionj to ICH. :(

As I have previously kept a bottle of Aqua Medic Exodin in case of emergency, I dose the medication just as instructed 10ml per 100l. I decided to stay close to observe just to be kiasu.

After lights off, I continue to monitor in case the situation gets worse, I noticed the Flame and Loreto, who usually goes back to its repective hiding holes comes out to where the cleaner shrimps are and I am sure all of us knows what they are doing. ;)

This morning when I check, all is well. Both loreto and flame angel are free from ich and happily swimming around. :D

What I learned from this lesson is that we should not depend on a single equiptment or livestock or medicine to irradicate Ich. I believe I could not have conquered Ich on my loreto & flame overnight, if I don't have the following:

1) Good husbandry

2) QT

3) Good preventive measure i.e. UV or Ozone

4) Good livestocks i.e. Cleaners

5) Good medication just in case

hey gouldin, what corals you have in your tank? Are those AB medicine reef safe?

Hi Blenny, I already replied your PM. ;)

Dr. J.E.N. Veron

Member of:

• SRC Member

Where can I get Octozin or similar product from AquaPharm ?

Hope LFS is near my working place in Tampines/Changi area or near home in Katong. My three blue tang infected with white spots/itch. :( Help please. Thanks a zillion. :thanks: