Humidifier product

Creetin

• SRC Member

hey guys, i passed by simlim square just now and saw a product that is selling now at the atrium for $40. its a unit wif a fan and a water bottle in it. apparently, it can blow cool air out pretty well! u could put ice water n get cool air. the promoter said the water in the bottle can last for a day. hmmm just wat i need to cool mi tank?

no pics but go n check it out. i am thinking about it seriously.

BUT!

its got no mounting capabilities. given the shape is a box (not veri big, but not small mabbe 10x6x8cm) need to find a platform for it to sit while in use.

My concern is whether blowing humidified air over the tank has any implications....? can anyone comment?

Get Paid To Read Emails. Free To Join Now!

http://www.emailcashpro.com/?r=okdk11

• SRC Member

Wouldn't it be more direct to just blow air over the top of the aquarium instead? Unless I'm mistaken, heat transfer from air to a liquid medium is painfully slow, so unless you get quite a lot of those units, it probably wouldn't help much. It sounds like a good idea though! But your concern about blowing humidified air over the top isn't unfounded - you'll end up having lower evaporation rates from your tank, and from the sound of it you probably haven't got a chiller yet so your evaporative cooling might get hampered as well. Not to mention that we'll also end up not having enough evaporation to top off adequate kalkwasser! :)

Regards,

Hong Yee