Need advice to remove CR

tansh

• SRC Member

Hi,currently my no3 is very high and would like to remove the CR.I hv 4 pk of CR and 2 pk of biohome plus in my sump tank,can i remove all my all the CR at the one time or i hv to do it slowly?

Currenly I hv 4 fish,2 shrimps and corals,removing all CR can the biohome plus support the bioload?

My decomm 4ft FOWLR

• SRC Member

I presume is ceramic ring. You should remove it slowly & at the same time, monitor your water parameters. The other thing to consider is whether your tank can handle the bioload w/o the cr & biohome that you are going to remove.

• SRC Member
I presume is ceramic ring. You should remove it slowly & at the same time, monitor your water parameters. The other thing to consider is whether your tank can handle the bioload w/o the cr & biohome that you are going to remove.

I will still hv biohome in my sump tank,200 bioball in my overflow box, skimmer and total 40 kg of LR,should be enough to handle the load somemore currently only hv 4 fish in my tank.

My decomm 4ft FOWLR

• SRC Member
I will still hv biohome in my sump tank,200 bioball in my overflow box, skimmer and total 40 kg of LR,should be enough to handle the load somemore currently only hv 4 fish in my tank.

Bio balls are out-dated, & are considered nitrate factory. Try DSB & more LRs.

• SRC Member

CR also nitrate factory...if u are getting rid of your CR and bio balls, there is someone in the pasar malam thread who is looking to buy...sold all my bioballs and CR to him but I think he still needs more... ;)