artificial plankton?

Qoo

• SRC Member

Description at the bottom

ARTIFICIAL PLANKTON-"A.P."

AP stimulates the dietary profile of zooplankton. Artificial plankton is a precision microdiet with a natural profile similar to zooplankton. A.P. ranges in size from 50 to 150 microns. It is encapsulated with an easily digestible polyglycine protein polymer. A.P is in all respects a larval food for penaeid and freshwater shrimp larva. However, because of its substantial augmentation with eicosapentanoic and docosdahexanoic highly unsaturated (w-3) fatty acids it may be considered as a booster. The chemical profile of AP is very similar to the edible sustrates within natural larval ecosystems. Every attempt has bben made to use conserved microalgaes, rotifers, ciliates, daphia, and fish eggs to maximize coincidence with the natural habitat diet. Further, protein contributions from superior fish, shrimp, squid, liver and krill meal as well as egg yolk assure an outstanding amino acid profile. AP is further enhanced by an arsenal fo stabilized and naturally occurring vitamins, minerals and specialty fish oils. Our special formulation maintains potency in tropical climates, A.P. has been used by the leaders in penaeid shrimp aquaculture for many years. Aquaculturists use AP with confidence because: 1 Microencapsulation insures hydro stability 2 Particle size 50-150 microns 3 Mimics natural zooplankton 4 Boosts HUFA's, biopigments and proteins 5 Contains stabilized vitamins and antioxidants 6 Specially formulated for shrimp larva.

Proximate Analysis:

Protein 50% Fiber 1% Carbohydrate 12% Ash 4% Fat/Lipids 24% Moisture 6%

Feeding Regiman

AP is ideal for penaeid larva from protozoa I through PL (12)+ stages. It is excellent when used in conjuction with artemia as it provides the necessary vegetative component of the diet as found in nature.

Z(1)-Z(3)=0.5g AP/1000L, 4 to 6 times a day

M(1)-M(3)=1.0g AP/1000L, 4 to 6 times a day

P(1)-P(3)=1.5g AP/1000L, 4 to 6 times a day

• SRC Member

made from typical aquatic food ingredients .but i find it Too expensive.!

could be as simple as flake ground to micron sizes.

Golden pearls can be classed as artificial plankton- AT, chanbi & i think clowntrigger got it.

The advantage of golden pearls is that u can get them in different micron sizes, made to replace zooplankton.

Brineshrimpdirect.com sells them & for less than US$10. Freight will be US$24,delivered in abt 3 days. u can read up on its contents there.

A little goes a long way & u would be pleased if u can finish a small pack in 6 mths otherwise takes forever.

As with all prepared foods: feed in moderation as it contributes to degrading water quality if uneaten.

• SRC Member

somehow i knew that was coming lona,

Its for corals, its a subsitute for live zooplankton-if u have fishes that eat zooplankton then maybe they will benefit. Otherwise i would say its too small, to give u an idea- look at a woman's face powder(those compact power they puff on their faces),sort of peach/pink/skin tone colour.

Golden Pearls look exactly the same. ( guys, April fools coming so u know what to do) :evil::whistle

No point buying it to feed fish.