Taking a dive into the sea, in June 2020

Hello everyone, It's been awhile since i last posted in SRC...

Currently I'm renting a place and have a 2*1*1.5 (L*B*H) tank and will be getting my own home somewhere in May 2020. This tank is currently running a planted shrimp tank and I have plans to convert it to a reef tank when I move over, I need some shifu to teach me what to avoid, where to find quality frags and stuff.

Off hand, I recall some of the zoa are actually poisonous, but display wonderful colours, will be planning to grab some of them in future and hope to learn from you guys

• SRC Member

Welcome back. A new tank is always exciting, as endless possibilities and paths to success. My suggestion is to grab a big coffee and watch BRSTV on youtube. They did a 5 minute series on reefing which really goes through all the key elements. If you have any questions there are some amazing reefers here go learn from so ask away!

Sent from Singapore Reef Club mobile app

Just now, R0B said:

Welcome back. A new tank is always exciting, as endless possibilities and paths to success. My suggestion is to grab a big coffee and watch BRSTV on youtube. They did a 5 minute series on reefing which really goes through all the key elements. If you have any questions there are some amazing reefers here go learn from so ask away!

Thanks for the warm welcome. I've completed most of BRSTV videos on Youtube last year and I must say, that is one of the most informative channel I've seen so far. Right now my dilemma is whether to get a new tank set for reef, or to make do with my current tank and hob filter

• SRC Member

There are many paths to success. Some people have had massive success with HOB or all in one IOS tanks. But, if you were to ask me - having done both of those before for many years - I would always go with a sump option if I could. Simply because new equipment comes along and a sump just gives more space and more water volume so any mistake is diluted. Note. There are some amazing tanks for sale here on the forum all ready to go.
But as with all things it depends on budget and space availability

Good luck

• Like 1