Help, my star poly is not opening!

Lawrence

• SRC Member

Hi All,

I got 3 pieces of star poly coral for more than 2 months oredi & recently I just changed my 2ft tank water, monthly basis but my star poly are not opening for a few days oredi! Please advise, my lighting 1 fl & 1 pl.

:thanks:

• SRC Member

would take some time for them to be comfortable in your water to really open up big.. unless u don't have good quality water..... :erm:

The world is such a wicked place,war btween the human race. People work to earn their bread,while across the sea they're counting dead

• SRC Member
Hi All,

I got 3 pieces of star poly coral for more than 2 months oredi & recently I just changed my 2ft tank water, monthly basis but my star poly are not opening for a few days oredi! Please advise, my lighting 1 fl & 1 pl.

:thanks:

Dont worry, mine was not opening till 1 month later when undisturbed and suddenly all started opening.........

• SRC Member

Check you water parameter. My star polyps refuse to open in my 2 footer when it was infested by cyno! Phosphate level was high then. Even though I clean away the red slimy algae on it and still it refuse to open. <_<

Since then I transfer to my new tank.....they started opening in the 2nd day! I strongly believe its the water quality! Be careful with your rest of your LS! ;)