Sea water or self mix or both  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Sea water or self mix or both

• 1)Add sea water, more nutrients than own mixed
    • 2)Nah...too dangerous to do it. self mixed will do
    • 3)Mixture of sea water and also self mixed

• SRC Member

As quoted by a brother here

"seawater might contain harmful bacterial..

but if im not wrong..

they have more nutrients than own mixed. "

care to share your views

I am just an average FR (fish reefing) writer. If you like my FRs, please upz my points.

I used to buy filtered seawater.......but not doing it anymore...sat down and thought about it...why risk hundred or even thousands (not mentioning time invested) on something that could jeopardised your precious setup......

seriously....losing it due to unreliable source or irresponsible LFS - not worth

back to your qns...more nutrients? maybe....notice LFS(farms) their corals open up really nicely? ;)

• SRC Member

someone from here told me that LFS do a weekly water with Seawater that how their coral really open up. Is our local water safe. Some say Water near sentosa (world trade centre) is good enough..

some say Tanjong Rhu.

well....LFS coral open up real nice...

I am just an average FR (fish reefing) writer. If you like my FRs, please upz my points.

• SRC Member

this had been discuss a lot of times....the conclusion....do it at your own risks.....

so much so that it might contain 100% of minerals direct from the sea, it might also contain harmful bacteria tat u won't want to introduce into your precious tank.....deepblue makes sense, y endanger $1000 worth of LS with something tat u are unsure of.....the safest bet is to steal the sea water from AT's, deepblue, and other sps freaks' tanks...confirm 100% squeaky clean.....

u might wanna do a little experiment yourself 1st....another way is to quarantine the sea water that u purchase for at least 2-3 weeks b4 adding to your tank....i've thought about this b4, but it is too much of a hassle....i will end up using it directly...