Is there something wrong with my test kit or the..

• SRC Member

my tank is cycling for about a month already, i bought red sea test kit, test the water, it shows 2.5ppm, so is there anything wrong ? or is it ok ? :)

SBS_Transit

• SRC Member
2.5ppm of buses?  :rolleyes:

oops, its nitrate,

n i never change my tanks water since, but i am using my berlin air-lift skimmer,

so anyone can help me ?

SBS_Transit

• SRC Member

Doesn't your test kit tells you if it is high or low and what to do if it is high?

If it is 2.5 ppm it is very low, it's good or do you mean 25 ppm which means that you have to do some water change as there are enough nutrients to for algae to grow.

Changing water is a good husbandry practice as it replenish trace elements and remove some nitrates just like giving your tank's inhabitants a breath of fresh air.

• SRC Member
Doesn't your test kit tells you if it is high or low and what to do if it is high?

If it is 2.5 ppm it is very low, it's good or do you mean 25 ppm which means that you have to do some water change as there are enough nutrients to for algae to grow.

Changing water is a good husbandry practice as it replenish trace elements and remove some nitrates just like giving your tank's inhabitants a breath of fresh air.

i was waiting for my cycling to finish, when it finish the nitrates supporse to be high, hmm than its nothing to do with my test kit rite ?

SBS_Transit

• SRC Member
i was waiting for my cycling to finish, when it finish the nitrates supporse to be high, hmm than its nothing to do with my test kit rite ?

Aaah... you are right then your tank is OK to add livestock since it has been cycling for a month.

• SRC Member

will try to take a pic n show u tomorrow ;)

SBS_Transit