Hailea 6540 pump

verrucosa

• SRC Member

Thanks bro...just hope it won't drop on the shop owners feet when he brings it down from the shelf...hahahahahaha..

cause i've heard mixed reviews from people using that's why abit paranoid. I've got a friend who says he used it for less then a week and it broke down already..but another friend used it for a year still fine..hhmmmmm. :erm:

• SRC Member

Hi verrucosa,

Why not other brands like AquaBee, Aquamedic, Eheim or even Sicce Extrema. Alot more power efficient.

Hailea 6540>100W>2880L/Hr

AquaBee 3000>39W>3000L/Hr

AquaMedic OR2500>38W>2500L/Hr

AquaMedic OR3500>65W>3500L/Hr

AquaMedic OR6500>115W>6500L/Hr

Eheim 1260>65W>2400L/Hr

Eheim 1262>80W>3400L/Hr

Sicce Extrema>35W>3500L/Hr

just like to hear some feedbacks regarding Hailea pumps cause thinking of getting one. How long have you folks used it, any problems with it so far? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I'm using this Hailea 6540 for my 3' tank (about 14mths)( cheap & good). And will add SCWD next weak. :lol::lol:

Cheers

az1Z

• SRC Member
Hi verrucosa,

Why not other brands like AquaBee, Aquamedic, Eheim or even Sicce Extrema. Alot more power efficient.

Hailea 6540>100W>2880L/Hr

AquaBee 3000>39W>3000L/Hr

AquaMedic OR2500>38W>2500L/Hr

AquaMedic OR3500>65W>3500L/Hr

AquaMedic OR6500>115W>6500L/Hr

Eheim 1260>65W>2400L/Hr

Eheim 1262>80W>3400L/Hr

Sicce Extrema>35W>3500L/Hr

wei!! GREAT BREAKDOWN....

as shown, hailea's elecrticity consumption is off the chart....not worth it in the long run...as compared to a aquabee 3000 or sicce extrema it will take up around $7 more every month....

if u want performance, compared to eheim 1262 it will take up $2.31 more each month...

• SRC Member

Thanks Typrobin,

thought this is what a forum is for..to discuss and attain info in the fastest possible way? ;) It'll be easier if some kind folks can tell me where i can get at a good price rather then i run all over Singapore to find right? God is good, he actually sent a nice person like you to offer help. Yes it'll be great if you can help me buy cause i'm staying in the west..very far to travel to Petmart.

• SRC Member
Thanks Typrobin,

thought this is what a forum is for..to discuss and attain info in the fastest possible way? ;) It'll be easier if some kind folks can tell me where i can get at a good price rather then i run all over Singapore to find right? God is good, he actually sent a nice person like you to offer help. Yes it'll be great if you can help me buy cause i'm staying in the west..very far to travel to Petmart.

wa lau, suan me like tat....u too much ah...wanna pick a fight ah?? hahahaha

okok, i think sicce etrema is cheapest amongst the few brands that WEI indicated...i believe petmart has the best price for pumps...if otherwise u might wanna try reborn...but if u save $10 on the pump and end up spending $15 on transport, i would rather u check out our online sponsor Eaquanature....i have PM u the contact to Petmart and Marine Life (nearer to your place), u can give them a call to check the price....

• SRC Member

Got the spec from Eaquanature.

Anyway, my extrema been with me for 5yr+ liao. No complains but avoid tuning dwn the flowrate. it stress the pump. What I observed is the flow rate seems to drop abit even after cleaning.

Personally, I have do a simple test myself by putting them in a bucket of water & test in shop. Tested eheim 1262, Aquamedic 3500, sicce extrema, maxijet 1200, alife 2000 & weipro 3000 before.

Find that the first 4 brand live up to their rating.

Alife although rated abt 2000l/hr, its output is less than maxijet 1200 rated 1000L/hr.

Weipro 3000 only slightly more powerful than maxijet. Can forget abt comparing it with Eheim, AquaMedic & Sicce.

Seems like those China pump always overrated the flowrate x2.

Wei :)

• SRC Member
Called up Petmart today, but they told me that 2500l/h is the maximum for Extrema pumps. Weird. <_<

Thats true, using the Sicce extrema for my weipro 2012 skimmer.......its max 2500l/hr but quite powerful as compared litres to litres per hour with other brands.

Eric