Ugly ugly tank

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

,May 27 2004, 03:28 PM] Nice My Bro :peace: ...He is really good! still remember he help me to set up my tank..

:lol:

haha...... not say very good lah... can't even compare to any lao jiao here..... Must stay one place and hide

Hmm..bro..you got a quarantine tank for new clams? Think it would best to have one..esp after hearing so many cases of dreaded clam disease. Best to safeguard your precious collection~ ;)

Always something more important than fish.

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/03/08/sps-pico-reef/

Hmm..bro..you got a quarantine tank for new clams? Think it would best to have one..esp after hearing so many cases of dreaded clam disease. Best to safeguard your precious collection~ ;)

Nah dun have one... dun think the recent clams death are cause by the dreaded disease. Instead i feel that the main culprit is the little known pyramid snail, tiny snail that feed on clam tissue.... That are very hard to spot or even to remove and they bloom to plague population in a short time....

Nah dun have one... dun think the recent clams death are cause by the dreaded disease. Instead i feel that the main culprit is the little known pyramid snail, tiny snail that feed on clam tissue.... That are very hard to spot or even to remove and they bloom to plague population in a short time....

Anything that would eat these snails? 6-line wrasse?

Always something more important than fish.

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/03/08/sps-pico-reef/

Anything that would eat these snails? 6-line wrasse?

Yes 6-lines do feed on them but six line wrasse diet are so wide thus chances of removing the snail through them are rather slim... Try leopard wrasse, or juv coris..... They are very good pest control fish

• SRC Member

Yes 6-lines do feed on them but six line wrasse diet are so wide thus chances of removing the snail through them are rather slim... Try leopard wrasse, or juv coris..... They are very good pest control fish

juv coris = yellow coris wrasse?

Any difference for juv and adult coris?

juv coris = yellow coris wrasse?

Any difference for juv and adult coris?

Juv coris could be juv clown wrasse or juv yellow coris/ yellow wrasse.... the difference in adult and juv is that the adult eats your shrimps, and wreck havoc in your tank while the juv eat the pesky snails :lol::lol::lol:

Quite dangerous to introduce into the main tank then... it will be very hard to catch the fish after it has grown from a juv to a fully matured wrasses... one day got cleaner and blood shrimps, next day gone! hehehe

yeah but the main prob is to remove the snail... so what the heck.. buy add first talk later

Wah...your tank seems to have changed quite a fair bit! From the previously sps dominated to clams dominated to the current mix of corals. Must say the anemone really added much more colour to your tank...nice carpet! But having heard so much abt u and your friend always being early buy the nicest stuffs, thought it will be much more colourful than I expected... ;)

"Save a reef, grow your own"