Sale of Excess Phytoplankton

danny

• SRC Member

Hi Fellow Reefers,

Due to the setup of my personal culturing station, sometimes I culture more plankton else the light and air pump go to waste just to produce 1 or 2 bottles. Hence at time I have excess phytoplankton Nannochloropsis, NCP to clear at low price to help me maintain my marine hobby. I'm sure you know the beneficial effects of dosing controlled amount of phytoplankton in your tank.

Hence, if you are keen and no time for this time-consuming culturing process, just PM me or call me at 98506442. When I have excess, I will pass some to you. :rolleyes:

Thanks!

Regards

Danny ..

• SRC Member

Hi Reefers,

Will be harvesting my current batch of phytoplankton on 8 June'04. I foresee there will be some excess left over. If you are keen to have them, pls SMS me at 98506442. Pls self collect at Yew Tee area.

Thanks!

Regards

Danny ..

• SRC Member
Has'nt AT already said something about commercial posting in your last thread? :nc:

I dont see anything wrong with danny selling his excess culture.........somemore he selling them at a very low price, it will benefit those ppl who has no time to culture their own plankton and yet not rich enough to buy DT.

Does it mean tat you got to pay a premium to become a sponsor then the selling of the plankton will not be classified as "commercial post"?

Eric

• SRC Member

Hi Guys,

First of all, thanks for your feedback.

The past 2 weeks I have explaint to AT the purpose of my clearing of excess plankton from my over produced station. The light is always ON 16/8/7 and the air pump 24/7. So it really goes to waste of electricity just to culture that 1 or 2 bottles for my own use.

So AT has agreed in principle that as long as I'm doing it to help run this rather expensive hobby, its fine. Afterall, he also knew that it is time-consuming and tedious work in culturing phytoplankton to make it commercially viable from home storerooms! Hence my regular postings on SRC to clear my excess plankton will not be in contrary to any sponsors, if any, relating to phytoplankton on their trades/markets.

I hope this will clear FuEl's question here and lets move on.

Here you are, I have managed to take a picture of how my bottles look like. Only thing is, am not too worry of vitamin C deficiency after drinking so many orange juices!!! Usually when I have excess, I will place an ad in Pasar Malam. If you are interested, kindly SMS or call me.

Thanks for all your supports, guys!

Regards

Danny ..

• SRC Member

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your enquiry.

I'm selling my excess phytoplakton at $4 per 250ml. Usually fellow reefer ask for 2 bottles to make up for the time and cost of travelling to my place to collect. For that case, I pack in single 500ml bottles.

Hence if you are keen and wish to try out phytoplankton, pls SMS or call me directly at 98506442.

Thanks once again!

Regards

Danny ..

• SRC Member

Hi,

Too much! Too much! Have 1L to clear or else my fridge is going to explode! If you are keen to try plankton dosing, pls call me or SMS me to get them. Collection is from this Thursday, 10/9/2004.

Thanks!

Regards

Danny ..

• SRC Member

Hi Fellow Reefers,

I have about 1.5L (+/-) for immediate clearance now in the limited fridge. Anyone wishes is get it pls SMS me or call me directly to arrange for collection at 98506442 anytime this weekend. Its as usual $4/250ml. Usually reefers get minimum 2 bottles to make up for the travelling time and cost.

Also new batch is in the 'brewing'. Will be ready somewhere 19-20 Jun'04, which is next weekend. I will harvest and the rest of the excess will allocate to fellow reefers who wish to get hold of some.

Kindly self collect at Blk 50 Choa Chu Kang North 6, Yew Mei Green Condominium. 6-7min walking time from Yew Tee MRT Station.

Thanks for your support!

Regards

Danny ..

• SRC Member

Hello Reefers,

I will be harvesting the coming batch of phytoplankton for personal use but has usual it will bound to have some excess. Will be ready somewhere 19-20 Jun'04, which is this weekend. I will harvest and the rest of the excess will allocate to fellow reefers who wish to get hold of some.

If you will like to have some, kindly self collect at Blk 50 Choa Chu Kang North 6, Yew Mei Green Condominium. 6-7min walking time from Yew Tee MRT Station. Pls call me directly or SMS me for arrangements and/or directions. Its very easy to find my place.

Thanks for your support!

Regards

Danny ..

• SRC Member

Hi Reefers,

After harvesting for my own use, I still have some excess phytoplankton for interested reefers.

If you will like to have some, kindly self collect at Blk 50 Choa Chu Kang North 6, Yew Mei Green Condominium. 6-7min walking time from Yew Tee MRT Station. Pls call me directly or SMS me for arrangements and/or directions. Its very easy to find my place. I have packed them in 500ml bottles, going at $8 each. Already in the fridge and you can self-collect them anytime.

Thanks for your support!

Regards

Danny ..

• 3 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

Hello Reefers!

After so long and now am back from in-camp training. And my current batch of phytoplankton will be ready for harvest on 16 July.

After harvesting for my own use, I think I have some left over to let go. So those of you who would like to have some, pls SMS me at 98506442. Self collect at Yew Tee area.

Regards

Danny

• SRC Member

Alright Reefers,

I still have some amount left to let go. Pls call or sms me for your reservation. Staying near Yew Tee MRT, 6min by walking. If you drive, its Blk 50 CCK North 6. Its going at $8/500ml.

Thanks!

Regards

Danny..

hp: 98506442

• 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

Hi Reefers,

There are some excess phytoplankton Nannochloropsis, NCP, to go around this weekend at $8/500ml. Pls self collect at CCK North 6, 6min from Yew Tee MRT by foot.

If you buy more, I will give a discount. Remember, its home-cultured by hobbyist for hobbyists, so you can rely on the quality and reliability.

Pls contact/SMS me at 98506442 for arrangement. Thanks!

Regards

Danny ..

• SRC Member

Hi Reefers,

There are some excess phytoplankton Nannochloropsis, NCP, to go around this weekend at $8/500ml. Pls self collect at CCK North 6, 6min from Yew Tee MRT by foot.

If you buy more, I will give a discount. Remember, its home-cultured by hobbyist for hobbyists, so you can rely on the quality and reliability.

Regards

Danny ..

ps: For every 2L you get, I will give you an extra 250mL bottle of plankton FREE. Hence that works out to be $7/500mL.

• SRC Member

Hi Reefers,

Regards

Danny ..

ps: For every 2L you get, I will give you an extra 250mL bottle of plankton FREE. Hence that works out to be $7/500mL.

• SRC Member

Hi Reefers,

There are some excess phytoplankton Nannochloropsis, NCP, at $8/500ml. Collection is anytime from now. Pls self collect at CCK North 6, 6min from Yew Tee MRT by foot.

Regards

Danny ..

ps: For every 2L you get, I will give you an extra 250mL bottle of plankton worth $4 FREE. Hence that works out to be just $7/500mL.

• SRC Member

Hi all,

I have some phytoplankton to go around for those keen to try on this supplement for various types of corals and filters. It is called Nannochloropsis, NCP. They are ready for collection from today. So pls self-collect at my residence near Yew Tee MRT station, by foot is about 6min. Going at only $8/500ml. If you get 2L, I will a FREE bottle of 250ml, worth $4. Hence effectively you are paying $7/500ml if you get 2L. So ask a friend to chip in to gain the advantage. Thanks!

Regards

Danny ..

hp: 98506442

• SRC Member

Is the self cultured phytoplankton nitrate and phophate free? Will there be algae boom after using in tank? Also how much to add? Appreicate if u can enlighten me.

:) Greeting :)

Tank: 4' by 2' by 2' (CR antique)

Sump: 3' include 1' refuigm

• SRC Member

Hi Tigger,

I have been measuring with the Satchi stick and its about minimum 16million cell/ml.

Hi Kareen,

To be very honest with you I cannot guarantee that it is nitrate, phosporus or silicate free. Phytoplankton itself is a diet for reef inhabitants and itself is a bio-load. However, I take to time and responsibility to explain to fellow reefers who got the phytoplankton from me to go slow and be cautious to prevent to bacteria bloom or crushing their tank by recommending a conservative initial dosing regime. So far I have not heard of anyone of them getting back to me regarding any problem with their water chemistry. Hence if you could follow my dosing regime I think it should not be too bad.

I hope I have answer both you questions.

Regards

Danny ..